2009-02-05 16:04:25

by alex lei

Subject: BlueZ qualification tool

Dear Marcel,

In your BlueZ web site, you mentioned that bluez-4.2 release passed all qualification tests form the Bluetooth 2.1 specification on 29th of August 2008. I just wonder what
tools/applications did you use to set up all the test cases for the
IUT? Specifically, what apps did you use as the "upper tester" or
"MMI"? Are the tools in bluez-utils/test/ sufficient to do the job?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Seak Lei

2009-02-05 19:53:51

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: BlueZ qualification tool

Hi,

> In your BlueZ web site, you mentioned that bluez-4.2 release passed all qualification tests form the Bluetooth 2.1 specification on 29th of August 2008. I just wonder what
> tools/applications did you use to set up all the test cases for the
> IUT? Specifically, what apps did you use as the "upper tester" or
> "MMI"? Are the tools in bluez-utils/test/ sufficient to do the job?

all the tools in bluez/test/ are enough to pass the qualification. I do
have a more advanced one for the GAP testing and you need the PICS,
PIXIT and additional documentation to make your life easier. Non of
these advanced tools are released to the public.

Regards

Marcel