2009-02-03 15:03:03

by Nicola Ranaldo

Subject: Bnep networking with dbus on 4.*

Is it possible to establish bnep connection with dbus api 4.*?
I'm not able to find documentation on that.

Regards

Nicola

2009-02-17 17:59:17

by Nicola Ranaldo

Subject: Re: Bnep networking with dbus on 4.*

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 19:31:04 Marcel Holtmann wrote:
[...]
> > Is it possible to establish bnep connection with dbus api 4.*?
> > I'm not able to find documentation on that.
>
> yes it is. See network-api.txt document from the bluez-4.x source.

Hi Marcel,
I was able to migrate my code to 4.*, test networking api and succesfull
establish a bnep connection, but I have a doubt:

When a remote device offers GN and/or NAP services an org.bluez.Network
interface is created on dbus, and this may establish both GN and NAP
connection.
The only one "Connected" property suggests me that the api is constructed as
it's not possibile to establish GN *and* PAN connection to the same remote
device at the same time.
Is this a bluetooth limitation? a bluez limitation? an api limitation or am I
missing somethingh?

Best Regards

Nicola

2009-02-04 18:31:04

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Nicola,

> Is it possible to establish bnep connection with dbus api 4.*?
> I'm not able to find documentation on that.

yes it is. See network-api.txt document from the bluez-4.x source.

Regards

Marcel