2009-06-01 20:47:36

by BlueZ Newbie

Subject: SMS using bluetooth

Hi,

I am a bluetooth programming newbie. I am using the bluez stack.

My objective is to send a message from my PC (with a USB dongle) to my
cellphone. My cellphone should receive the message as though its an
SMS message. Is this possible to do? If so, please tell me how. I am
able to connect to my cell phone on Linux via RFCOMM.

Please note that I do not want to use AT commands to instruct my cell
phone to send an SMS to another cell phone. Instead, I want to send an
SMS to my own cell phone over bluetooth.

Thanks,
Kumar (alias Bluetooth-Newbie)