2009-07-31 01:06:35

by John Freeman

Subject: Re: Intermittent "Address already in use" error

Brad Midgley wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest where I should start looking?
>
> Are you using a recent kernel and bluez?

Very recent:
Kernel 2.6.29.5-84.fc10.i686
bluez-4.30-2.fc10.i386

> Do you have example code that
> will cause the problem? Even better if it is in script like python.

The code that causes the problem is 4000 lines of python, most of which I can't
publish; you probably wouldn't want to look at it anyway. I haven't been able
to reduce it to a simple example because minor changes cause the problem to
disappear. Even running strace on the program makes the problem go away, so it
looks like it's timing-related.

I was asking where in kernel/bluez code should I start looking.