2023-02-06 00:13:37[permalink] [raw]
This v3 of the patchset is somewhat of an RFC/RFT, and also just something to
get this out there.
First things first, I do not have access to the specs nor the schematics, so a
lot of this was done via guess work, looking at the acpi tables, and looking at
how a similar device (wcn6750) was added.
There are possibly checkpatch warnings, and I do apologize to those who won't
review things until there are no warnings for wasting your time, I did try to
correct the ones I came across and seemed to be needed.
One example is that I have the vregs commented out, the dt-bindings say that
they are required since it's based on the wcn6750 work but also like the 6750,
I've added defaults into the driver, and those seem to work, at least for the
The end result is that we do have a working device, but not entirely reliable.
Hopefully by getting this out there, people who do have access to the specs or
schematics can see where the improvements or fixes need to come.
There are a few things that I am not sure why they happen, and don't have the
knowledge level to figure out why they happen or debugging it.
Bluetooth: hci0: setting up wcn6855
Bluetooth: hci0: Frame reassembly failed (-84)
Bluetooth: hci0: QCA Product ID :0x00000013
Bluetooth: hci0: QCA SOC Version :0x400c0210
Bluetooth: hci0: QCA ROM Version :0x00000201
Bluetooth: hci0: QCA Patch Version:0x000038e6
Bluetooth: hci0: QCA controller version 0x02100201
Bluetooth: hci0: unexpected event for opcode 0xfc48
Bluetooth: hci0: Sending QCA Patch config failed (-110)
Bluetooth: hci0: QCA Downloading qca/hpbtfw21.tlv
Bluetooth: hci0: QCA Downloading qca/hpnv21g.bin
Bluetooth: hci0: QCA setup on UART is completed
I do not know why the Frame assembly failed, nor the unexpected event.
Likewise, I'm not entirely sure why it says the patch config send times out, and
*then* seems to send it?
The BD Address also seems to be incorrect, and I'm not sure what is going on
Testing was done by connecting a Razer Orochi bluetooth mouse, and using it, as
well as connecting to and using an H2GO bluetooth speaker and playing audio out
via canberra-gtk-play as well as a couple of YouTube videos in a browser.
The mouse only seems to work when < 2 ft. from the laptop, and for the speaker, only
"A2DP Sink, codec SBC" would provide audio output, and while I could see that
data was being sent to the speaker, it wasn't always outputting, and going >
4ft. away, would often disconnect.
[email protected]:~$ hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: Primary Bus: UART
BD Address: 00:00:00:00:5A:AD ACL MTU: 1024:8 SCO MTU: 240:4
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:1492 acl:0 sco:0 events:126 errors:0
TX bytes:128743 acl:0 sco:0 commands:597 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xfe 0x8f 0xfe 0xd8 0x3f 0x5b 0x87
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF
Link mode: PERIPHERAL ACCEPT
Service Classes: Rendering, Capturing
Device Class: Computer, Laptop
HCI Version: (0xc) Revision: 0x0
LMP Version: (0xc) Subversion: 0x46f7
Manufacturer: Qualcomm (29)
[email protected]:~$ dmesg | grep Razer
[ 3089.235440] input: Razer Orochi as /devices/virtual/misc/uhid/0005:1532:0056.0003/input/input11
[ 3089.238580] hid-generic 0005:1532:0056.0003: input,hidraw2: BLUETOOTH HID v0.01 Mouse [Razer Orochi] on 00:00:00:00:5a:ad
[email protected]:~$ dmesg | grep H2GO
[ 3140.959947] input: H2GO Speaker (AVRCP) as /devices/virtual/input/input12
Changes since v2:
- Drop unnecessary commit info from patch 2
- Remove dead code in patch 4, add TODO note.
- Make dtbs_check happy with the pin definitions
Bjorn Andersson (1):
arm64: dts: qcom: sc8280xp: Define uart2
Steev Klimaszewski (3):
dt-bindings: net: Add WCN6855 Bluetooth
Bluetooth: hci_qca: Add support for QTI Bluetooth chip wcn6855
arm64: dts: qcom: thinkpad-x13s: Add bluetooth
.../net/bluetooth/qualcomm-bluetooth.yaml | 2 +
.../qcom/sc8280xp-lenovo-thinkpad-x13s.dts | 63 +++++++++++++++++++
arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/sc8280xp.dtsi | 14 +++++
drivers/bluetooth/btqca.c | 24 ++++++-
drivers/bluetooth/btqca.h | 10 +++
drivers/bluetooth/hci_qca.c | 59 +++++++++++++----
6 files changed, 157 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)