2008-01-18 18:13:33

by Chuck Lever

Subject: Re: Understanding iostat-ms output

On Jan 18, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 12:37 -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
>> I've applied Trond's patch, and patches from NetApp to support RDMA
>> statistics to these two scripts, and posted fresh versions here:
>>
>> http://oss.oracle.com/~cel/linux-2.6/2.6.24/
>
> Any chance you could put this in a git repository on git.linux-nfs.org
> so that we can track changes?

The plan is to include these scripts in nfs-utils during 2CQ08, after
the IPv6 work is complete. There is some additional work to be done,
such as composing man pages for both scripts, adding appropriate
dependency information in the nfs-utils build scripts, and so on.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

2008-01-18 19:19:56

by Trond Myklebust

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 13:11 -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
> The plan is to include these scripts in nfs-utils during 2CQ08, after
> the IPv6 work is complete. There is some additional work to be done,
> such as composing man pages for both scripts, adding appropriate
> dependency information in the nfs-utils build scripts, and so on.

I'm of two minds about that. I agree that we need an iostat-like utility
in nfs-utils, but I'm wary about also adding in a new language
dependency on python.