2007-12-27 20:37:32

by Tom Tucker

Subject: new transport switch BUG_ON in svc_xprt.c

Bruce:

I see that you are back. I have now been able to reproduce the BUG_ON
that Aime saw on the new code. I ran it over the holidays and when let
run long enough it eventually hit it.

I am testing what I think is the fix (left over XPT_BUSY clear in the
close path). If this works, then I'm ready with a new version of the
patchset based on your comments plus this bug fix.

Are you ready for the next round?

Thanks,
Tom

2007-12-27 20:40:42

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: new transport switch BUG_ON in svc_xprt.c

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 02:43:25PM -0600, Tom Tucker wrote:
> I see that you are back.

Actually, all that happens was I got a wireless router installed in my
in-laws' house. I'm still mostly goofing off.

> I have now been able to reproduce the BUG_ON
> that Aime saw on the new code. I ran it over the holidays and when let
> run long enough it eventually hit it.
>
> I am testing what I think is the fix (left over XPT_BUSY clear in the
> close path). If this works, then I'm ready with a new version of the
> patchset based on your comments plus this bug fix.

Awesome, thanks!

> Are you ready for the next round?

Feel free if you want, but I probably won't do anything with it till
late next week.

--b.

2007-12-27 21:32:23

by Tom Tucker

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 15:40 -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 02:43:25PM -0600, Tom Tucker wrote:
> > I see that you are back.
>
> Actually, all that happens was I got a wireless router installed in my
> in-laws' house. I'm still mostly goofing off.

Ah, the family IT guy -- nice.

> > I have now been able to reproduce the BUG_ON
> > that Aime saw on the new code. I ran it over the holidays and when let
> > run long enough it eventually hit it.
> >
> > I am testing what I think is the fix (left over XPT_BUSY clear in the
> > close path). If this works, then I'm ready with a new version of the
> > patchset based on your comments plus this bug fix.
>
> Awesome, thanks!
>
> > Are you ready for the next round?
>
> Feel free if you want, but I probably won't do anything with it till
> late next week.

Ok. I'll send it out after more testing. BTW, I'll be skiing for the 1st
week of Jan, but will be semi-available via e-mail.