2018-09-02 23:27:31

by Ulrich Gemkow

Subject: conflicting requirements betweenn rpc.rquotad and nfs services

Hello,

we updated to Ubuntu 18.04 on our servers and encounter the following
new problem:

We have no IPv6 interfaces/adresses configured and rpc.rquotad complains
about this and refuses to start - it seems the libtirpc has IPv6 as
a requirement when listed in /etc/netconfig.

When commenting out the v6-related lines in /etc/netconfig, rpc.rquotad
starts.

But without the IPv6 related lines in /etc/netconfig rpcbind no longer
starts and emits error messages which seems a little bit weired.

The services start when we start rpc.rquotad with the v6-lines in
/etc/netconfig commented out and using the original version with the
other services.

Is it intended that rpcbind does not start when /etc/netconfig does
not contain the IPv6-lines? Is there a reason for this?

rpc.rquotad --version says

Quota utilities version 4.03.
Compiled with: USE_LDAP_MAIL_LOOKUP EXT2_DIRECT HOSTS_ACCESS RPC RPC_SETQUOTA BSD_BEHAVIOUR

rpcbind seems to emit no version information

Thanks in advance and best regards

-Ulrich

--
Ulrich Gemkow