2008-05-26 09:49:14

by Le Rouzic

Subject: svc_create_xprt for nfsd and lockd with ipv6

Hi,
I was thinking that linux-2.6.25-rc6-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1 nfsd was able to listen on the IPV6 domain also.
Since 2.6.24 Main changes have been done to replace the way to make a socket for nfsd and lockd by replacing
svc_makesock routine by the *svc_create_xprt* service.

Does anybody know if there is already a patch on this new code to support IPV6 for nfsd and lockd ?

Thanks

Company : Bull, Architect of an Open World TM (http://www.bull.com)
Name : Aime Le Rouzic
Mail : Bull - BP 208 - 38432 Echirolles Cedex - France
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : 33 (4) 76.29.75.51
Fax : 33 (4) 76.29.75.18

by Chuck Lever III

Subject: Re: svc_create_xprt for nfsd and lockd with ipv6

On May 26, 2008, at 5:47 AM, Le Rouzic wrote:
> Hi,
> I was thinking that linux-2.6.25-rc6-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1 nfsd was able
> to listen on the IPV6 domain also.
> Since 2.6.24 Main changes have been done to replace the way to make
> a socket for nfsd and lockd by replacing
> svc_makesock routine by the *svc_create_xprt* service.
>
> Does anybody know if there is already a patch on this new code to
> support IPV6 for nfsd and lockd ?

See:

http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=cel/cel-2.6.git;a=summary

There are patches that adjust svc_create_xprt() appropriately to take
an address family argument.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

by Le Rouzic

Chuck Lever a =E9crit :

> On May 26, 2008, at 5:47 AM, Le Rouzic wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I was thinking that linux-2.6.25-rc6-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1 nfsd was able =

>> to listen on the IPV6 domain also.
>> Since 2.6.24 Main changes have been done to replace the way to make =

>> a socket for nfsd and lockd by replacing
>> svc_makesock routine by the *svc_create_xprt* service.
>>
>> Does anybody know if there is already a patch on this new code to =

>> support IPV6 for nfsd and lockd ?
>

> See:
>
> http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=3Dcel/cel-2.6.git;a=3Dsummary
>
> There are patches that adjust svc_create_xprt() appropriately to take =

> an address family argument.

OK . I try them.
Thanks

> -- =