2008-04-07 21:32:54

by Vince Busam

Subject: Default supported enctypes in rpc.gssd

Is there a reason the patch to use kernel supported enctypes from
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/nfs-utils-patches/1.1.1-1/nfs-utils-1.1.1-007-gssd_use_kernel_supported_enctypes.dif

wasn't included in the 1.1.2 release? It would be nice to at least
increase the default list to match what this patch does ("1,3,2", adding
ENCTYPE_DES_CBC_MD4 & ENCTYPE_DES_CBC_MD5).

Vince

2008-04-08 11:40:03

by Steve Dickson

Subject: Re: Default supported enctypes in rpc.gssd

Vince Busam wrote:
> Is there a reason the patch to use kernel supported enctypes from
> http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/nfs-utils-patches/1.1.1-1/nfs-utils-1.1.1-007-gssd_use_kernel_supported_enctypes.dif
>
> wasn't included in the 1.1.2 release? It would be nice to at least
> increase the default list to match what this patch does ("1,3,2", adding
> ENCTYPE_DES_CBC_MD4 & ENCTYPE_DES_CBC_MD5).
Not sure how I missed these.... but I'll try to get them in asap...

Thanks for pointing this out.

steved.

2008-04-08 11:48:03

by Kevin Coffman

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 7:33 AM, Steve Dickson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Vince Busam wrote:
> > Is there a reason the patch to use kernel supported enctypes from
> > http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/nfs-utils-patches/1.1.1-1/nfs-utils-1.1.1-007-gssd_use_kernel_supported_enctypes.dif
> >
> > wasn't included in the 1.1.2 release? It would be nice to at least
> > increase the default list to match what this patch does ("1,3,2", adding
> > ENCTYPE_DES_CBC_MD4 & ENCTYPE_DES_CBC_MD5).
> Not sure how I missed these.... but I'll try to get them in asap...
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.

Hi Steve,
This patch isn't ready for mainline. The kernel interface is still
being worked out. I'll look to see if you need a different patch to
allow ENCTYPE_DES_CBC_MD4 & ENCTYPE_DES_CBC_MD5.

K.C.