2021-12-17 00:35:13

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the nfs-anna tree with the fscache tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the nfs-anna tree got conflicts in:

fs/nfs/fscache.c
fs/nfs/fscache.h
fs/nfs/fscache-index.c

between commit:

882ff66585ec ("nfs: Convert to new fscache volume/cookie API")

from the fscache tree and commits:

e89edabcb3d4 ("NFS: Remove remaining usages of NFSDBG_FSCACHE")
0d20bd7faac9 ("NFS: Cleanup usage of nfs_inode in fscache interface and handle i_size properly")
4a0574909596 ("NFS: Rename fscache read and write pages functions")
3b779545aa01 ("NFS: Convert NFS fscache enable/disable dfprintks to tracepoints")
b9077ca60a13 ("NFS: Replace dfprintks with tracepoints in fscache read and write page functions")
416de7e7eeb6 ("NFS: Remove remaining dfprintks related to fscache cookies")
fcb692b98976 ("NFS: Use nfs_i_fscache() consistently within NFS fscache code")

from the nfs-anna tree.

I had no idea how to fix this all up, so I just dropped the nfs-anna
tree for today. Please get together and coordinate thses changes.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (488.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2021-12-17 11:40:57

by David Wysochanski

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 7:35 PM Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the nfs-anna tree got conflicts in:
>
> fs/nfs/fscache.c
> fs/nfs/fscache.h
> fs/nfs/fscache-index.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 882ff66585ec ("nfs: Convert to new fscache volume/cookie API")
>
> from the fscache tree and commits:
>
> e89edabcb3d4 ("NFS: Remove remaining usages of NFSDBG_FSCACHE")
> 0d20bd7faac9 ("NFS: Cleanup usage of nfs_inode in fscache interface and handle i_size properly")
> 4a0574909596 ("NFS: Rename fscache read and write pages functions")
> 3b779545aa01 ("NFS: Convert NFS fscache enable/disable dfprintks to tracepoints")
> b9077ca60a13 ("NFS: Replace dfprintks with tracepoints in fscache read and write page functions")
> 416de7e7eeb6 ("NFS: Remove remaining dfprintks related to fscache cookies")
> fcb692b98976 ("NFS: Use nfs_i_fscache() consistently within NFS fscache code")

Anna, feel free to drop these from your tree to avoid the conflicts
with the rest of your tree and dhowells fscache-rewrite patchset.

> from the nfs-anna tree.
>
> I had no idea how to fix this all up, so I just dropped the nfs-anna
> tree for today. Please get together and coordinate thses changes.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

2021-12-17 13:11:19

by David Howells

David Wysochanski <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anna, feel free to drop these from your tree to avoid the conflicts
> with the rest of your tree and dhowells fscache-rewrite patchset.

Would it help to take some bits through my tree? (Or, at least, alter my NFS
patches)

David

2021-12-17 13:34:39

by David Wysochanski

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 8:11 AM David Howells <[email protected]> wrote:

> David Wysochanski <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Anna, feel free to drop these from your tree to avoid the conflicts
> > with the rest of your tree and dhowells fscache-rewrite patchset.
>
> Would it help to take some bits through my tree? (Or, at least, alter my NFS
> patches)

I think so. If Anna is ok with it, she can drop them from her tree.
And I'm looking at these 7 patches to see which ones make sense on top
of your tree (the v3 patches you just sent).

Mainly my patches were cleanups, plus converting from dfprintk to tracepoints.
Some patches may no longer be needed.
As one example, this may be better done with tracepoints inside
__fscache_use_cookie and __fscache_unuse_cookie

3b779545aa01 ("NFS: Convert NFS fscache enable/disable dfprintks to
tracepoints")

2021-12-17 15:35:03

by Anna Schumaker

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 10:34 AM David Wysochanski <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 7:35 PM Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the nfs-anna tree got conflicts in:
> >
> > fs/nfs/fscache.c
> > fs/nfs/fscache.h
> > fs/nfs/fscache-index.c
> >
> > between commit:
> >
> > 882ff66585ec ("nfs: Convert to new fscache volume/cookie API")
> >
> > from the fscache tree and commits:
> >
> > e89edabcb3d4 ("NFS: Remove remaining usages of NFSDBG_FSCACHE")
> > 0d20bd7faac9 ("NFS: Cleanup usage of nfs_inode in fscache interface and handle i_size properly")
> > 4a0574909596 ("NFS: Rename fscache read and write pages functions")
> > 3b779545aa01 ("NFS: Convert NFS fscache enable/disable dfprintks to tracepoints")
> > b9077ca60a13 ("NFS: Replace dfprintks with tracepoints in fscache read and write page functions")
> > 416de7e7eeb6 ("NFS: Remove remaining dfprintks related to fscache cookies")
> > fcb692b98976 ("NFS: Use nfs_i_fscache() consistently within NFS fscache code")
> >
> Anna, feel free to drop these from your tree to avoid the conflicts
> with the rest of your tree and dhowells fscache-rewrite patchset.

Sounds good!

Anna