2008-03-19 23:12:45

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: linux-2.6.25-rc6-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1

(No filename) (5.71 kB)
(No filename) (138.00 B)

by Le Rouzic

Subject: Re: linux-2.6.25-rc6-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1

J. Bruce Fields a =E9crit :

>A new version of the CITI_NFS4_ALL patch is available here:
>
>http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/kernel-patches/2.6.25-r=
c6-1/linux-2.6.25-rc6-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1.diff

>Apologies for neglecting it so long. I'm sort of unsure what people
>want from this patch series (if they do want it at all). Speak up if
>you depend on it for anything.
> =20

Hi,
Thanks for delivering it. It is good to have it because it is a=20
reference of the all tested and valid NFSV4
patches gathered in one delivery we can base on and which is accessible=
=20
easily at only one place:your CITI page.

We know what it is in and where there is an issue we know the level of=20
patches level we are talking about.
It gives the NFSV4 patchs context to reproduce an anomaly to allow=20
people to talk about the same level of NFSV4.
It allows also to make a status of its quality to facilitate a migrati=
on.

Best Regards

>It's basically just a merge between my latest stuff and Trond's latest
>stuff, so should represent roughly the latest not-in-mainline-yet NFS
>code.
>
>Trond often rebases to non-tagged kernels, and I'm too lazy to backpor=
>his changes to the latest released kernel; so while this patch is
>against 2.6.25-rc6, it also includes some upstream stuff that's happen=
ed
>since -rc6 (and that has nothing to do with nfs).
>
>(The changelog below, though, should only include the nfs-related
>changes.)
>
>--b.
>
>Adrian Bunk (1):
> make nfsd_create_setattr() static
>
>Andrew Morton (1):
> net/sunrpc/svc.c: suppress unintialized var warning
>
>Aur=C3=A9lien Charbon (1):
> IPv6 support for NFS server export caches
>
>Chuck Lever (22):
> NFS: numeric mount parameters are unsigned
> NFS: Fix up data types of fields in nfs_parsed_mount_options
> NFS: Save the value of the "port=3D" mount option
> NFS: Save the values of the "mount*=3D" mount options
> NFS: Show most mount options via nfs_show_options()
> NFS: Always enable NFS direct I/O
> SUNRPC: Update help Kconfig text
> SUNRPC: Add a default setting for CONFIG_SUNRPC_BIND34
> NLM: LOCKD fails to load if CONFIG_SYSCTL is not set
> NLM: NLM protocol version numbers are u32
> lockd: bring a few function declarations up to date
> lockd: Ensure NSM strings aren't longer than protocol allows
> lockd: refactor SM_MON mon_name argument encoder
> lockd: refactor SM_MON my_id argument encoder
> lockd: document use of mon_id argument in SM_MON requests
> lockd: Fix up incorrect RPC buffer size calculations.
> lockd: introduce new function to encode private argument in SM_M=
ON requests
> NFSD: Remove NFSD_TCP kernel build option
> NFSD: Update help text for CONFIG_NFSD
> NFSD: Move "select FS_POSIX_ACL if NFSD_V4"
> NFSD: Move "select NFSD_V2_ACL if NFSD_V3_ACL"
> NFSD: Remove redundant "select" clauses in fs/Kconfig
>
>Felix Blyakher (1):
> nfsd: initialize lease type in nfs4_open_delegation()
>
>Fred (1):
> nfs: nfs_redirty_request
>
>Fred Isaman (3):
> NFS: fix encode_fsinfo_maxsz
> nfs: don't ignore return value from nfs_pageio_add_request
> nfs: remove duplicate initializations of nfs_read_data field
>
>Harshula (1):
> sunrpc: GSS integrity and decryption failures should return GARB=
AGE_ARGS