2008-03-25 17:00:15

by Adam Schrotenboer

Subject: Re: [opensuse] nfs_update_inode: inode X mode changed, Y to Z

Adam Schrotenboer wrote:
> Neil Brown wrote:
>>> XFS
>>
>> It's a bit of a long shot, but could you try mounting the XFS file
>> system with
>> -o ikeep
>>
>> and see if it makes a difference.
>>
>> When you have "ikeep", I can find the code that increments the
>> generation number between different uses of the one inode number.
>>
>> When you have "noikeep" (which I think is the default) it doesn't keep
>> the inode of disk when deleted and so (presumably) needs generate a
>> random generation number for each use. But I cannot find the code
>> that does that. I'm probably not looking in the right place, but I
>> don't think it can hurt to try "-o ikeep".
>>
>> NeilBrown
>>
> Ok, I've unmounted and remounted with that option enabled
> (/proc/mounts confirms it's enabled). We'll see what happens.

Well, it's been almost 2 weeks (11 days anyhow) and I am not seeing
the nfs_update_inode message in the syslogs of any of our compute
servers. I need to talk to the various people who work with them to
verify, but it looks like this problem has been resolved.

Thank you very much for all of your help.

Attachments:
signature.asc (250.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature