2008-05-21 16:57:05

by Chuck Lever III

Subject: Re: Kernel call trace on NFS-mount (using autofs).

On May 21, 2008, at 1:03 AM, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> Chuck Lever wrote:
>>> Kernel is a: 2.6.22-14-generic. I wasn't able to search similar
>>> stuff
>>> up from the archive.
>> It would be interesting to know which nfs-utils version you have
>> installed, too.
>
> It is: 1.1.1~git-20070709-3ubuntu1

In that case different code paths in the mount.nfs command may be
exercised when you upgrade to 2.6.25.

I think 2.6.22 would force the mount.nfs command to use the legacy
binary mount API, whereas 2.6.25 would allow it to use the new text
API. This might make a difference if the mount.nfs command is somehow
constructing a data structure in user space that 2.6.22's VFS layer
chokes on.

Idle speculation, of course.

--
Chuck Lever