2008-08-20 10:56:29

by David Woodhouse

Subject: [GIT *] fsid/uuid fixes

Please pull from git://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/nfs-utils.git

This fixes the handling of explicit 16-byte fsid given in exportfs
options, and also makes mountd find an fsid from statfs() where the
kernel provides one.

I wonder if we should use the fsid from statfs() in _preference_ to
using libblkid, since

David Woodhouse (4):
Fix handling of explicit uuid
Explicit UUID handling doesn't require blkid; factor out get_uuid_blkdev()
Use fsid from statfs for UUID if blkid can't cope (or not used)
Stop exportfs warning about needing fsid, when we actually have one

support/nfs/exports.c | 2 +-
utils/exportfs/exportfs.c | 10 +++++-
utils/mountd/cache.c | 89 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------

David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
[email protected] Intel Corporation

2008-08-20 19:29:57

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: [GIT *] fsid/uuid fixes

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 11:56:27AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Please pull from git://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/nfs-utils.git
>
> This fixes the handling of explicit 16-byte fsid given in exportfs
> options, and also makes mountd find an fsid from statfs() where the
> kernel provides one.
>
> I wonder if we should use the fsid from statfs() in _preference_ to
> using libblkid, since

..?

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 15:29 -0400, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > I wonder if we should use the fsid from statfs() in _preference_ to
> > using libblkid, since
>
> ..?

Er, sorry.

Since there doesn't seem to be much point grovelling around in raw block
devices if we already _have_ a perfectly suitable fsid directly from the
kernel, and it leads to complaints such as the one at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg01642.html