2008-09-19 12:36:46

by Le Rouzic

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Full IPv6 client and server support (kernel and user commands)

Hi,

I have just posted at http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/ a full IPV6
client and server NFSV4 support
based on linux-2.6.27-rc3 and nfs-utils.1.1.2.
It is experimental and not fully tested but it allows to have a IPV6
NFSV4 linux configuration to
play with.

Let me know if any issues to get this delivery and to run it.

Best Regards

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Company : Bull, Architect of an Open World TM (http://www.bull.com)
Name : Aime Le Rouzic
Mail : Bull - BP 208 - 38432 Echirolles Cedex - France
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : 33 (4) 76.29.75.51
Fax : 33 (4) 76.29.75.18
-----------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
NFSv4 mailing list
[email protected]
http://linux-nfs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4


2008-09-24 16:51:08

by [email protected]

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Re: Full IPv6 client and server support (kernel and user commands)

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 02:36:46PM +0200, Le Rouzic wrote:
> I have just posted at http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/ a full IPV6
> client and server NFSV4 support
> based on linux-2.6.27-rc3 and nfs-utils.1.1.2.
> It is experimental and not fully tested but it allows to have a IPV6
> NFSV4 linux configuration to
> play with.
>
> Let me know if any issues to get this delivery and to run it.

I took a quick look at the server patch available from the URL above.

There are more #if's than necessary--for example, maybe you could define
a constant once in a header to choose the correct address family rather
than putting #if's around all the svc_create() calls?

It'd be worth running this by Chuck, as he's been doing a good job of
that kind of thing.

Could you mail future versions of any patches to the mailing list in the
usual format, rather than providing a URL? That'd save us a little
time.

--b.

2008-09-24 22:07:45

by [email protected]

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Re: Full IPv6 client and server support (kernel and user commands)

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:51:08PM -0400, bfields wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 02:36:46PM +0200, Le Rouzic wrote:
> > I have just posted at http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/ a full IPV6
> > client and server NFSV4 support
> > based on linux-2.6.27-rc3 and nfs-utils.1.1.2.
> > It is experimental and not fully tested but it allows to have a IPV6
> > NFSV4 linux configuration to
> > play with.
> >
> > Let me know if any issues to get this delivery and to run it.
>
> I took a quick look at the server patch available from the URL above.
>
> There are more #if's than necessary--for example, maybe you could define
> a constant once in a header to choose the correct address family rather
> than putting #if's around all the svc_create() calls?
>
> It'd be worth running this by Chuck, as he's been doing a good job of
> that kind of thing.
>
> Could you mail future versions of any patches to the mailing list in the
> usual format, rather than providing a URL? That'd save us a little
> time.

(Whoops, sorry, I see now that you did and it got lost in the pile of
mail that I arrived while I was travelling.... Anyway, the ifdef
comments still apply.)

--b.

2008-11-21 11:28:28

by Steve Dickson

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Re: Full IPv6 client and server support (kernel and user commands)

Le Rouzic wrote:
> Hi,
> My patches are based on Chuck 's ones for nfs-utils and kernel. So
> when those from Chuck
> are committed I will need to review mines if always OK.
> Steve Dickson is planning to integrate most of the mount and statd
> command changes done by Chuck for IPV6
> in next package nfs-utils-1.1.4.
This is done and can be found in git://linux-nfs.org/nfs-utils git

Also note number of IPv6 orientated changes have been added and
will continue to be added to both the libitrpc and rpcbind git
trees found at:

git://git.infradead.org/~steved/libtirpc.git
git://git.infradead.org/~steved/rpcbind.git

steved.


2008-11-21 12:55:55

by Le Rouzic

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Re: Full IPv6 client and server support (kernel and user commands)


OK. I'll have a look.

Best Regards


Steve Dickson a =E9crit :

>Le Rouzic wrote:
> =20
>
>> Hi,
>> My patches are based on Chuck 's ones for nfs-utils and kernel. So
>>when those from Chuck
>> are committed I will need to review mines if always OK.
>> Steve Dickson is planning to integrate most of the mount and statd
>>command changes done by Chuck for IPV6
>> in next package nfs-utils-1.1.4.
>> =20
>>
>This is done and can be found in git://linux-nfs.org/nfs-utils git
>
>Also note number of IPv6 orientated changes have been added and
>will continue to be added to both the libitrpc and rpcbind git=20
>trees found at:
>
>git://git.infradead.org/~steved/libtirpc.git
>git://git.infradead.org/~steved/rpcbind.git
>
>steved.
>
>--
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" i=
n
>the body of a message to [email protected]
>More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>
>
> =20
>


--=20
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Company : Bull, Architect of an Open World TM (http://www.bull.com)
Name : Aime Le Rouzic=20
Mail : Bull - BP 208 - 38432 Echirolles Cedex - France
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : 33 (4) 76.29.75.51
=46ax : 33 (4) 76.29.75.18
-----------------------------------------------------------------=20


2008-11-21 15:12:51

by Chuck Lever III

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Re: Full IPv6 client and server support (kernel and user commands)

Hi Steve-

On Nov 21, 2008, at 6:25 AM, Steve Dickson wrote:
> Le Rouzic wrote:
>> Hi,
>> My patches are based on Chuck 's ones for nfs-utils and kernel. So
>> when those from Chuck
>> are committed I will need to review mines if always OK.
>> Steve Dickson is planning to integrate most of the mount and statd
>> command changes done by Chuck for IPV6
>> in next package nfs-utils-1.1.4.
> This is done and can be found in git://linux-nfs.org/nfs-utils git

I have the latest version of this repo, and there are only the first
two IPv6 patches in there. These two patches only add new shared
functionality, none of which is even used yet. So I have a lot more
to send you.

Or did I misunderestimate what you meant?

> Also note number of IPv6 orientated changes have been added and
> will continue to be added to both the libitrpc and rpcbind git
> trees found at:
>
> git://git.infradead.org/~steved/libtirpc.git
> git://git.infradead.org/~steved/rpcbind.git

+1

These are pretty much required now to use NFS IPv6 with the latest
kernels.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

2008-11-21 15:28:48

by Steve Dickson

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Re: Full IPv6 client and server support (kernel and user commands)



Chuck Lever wrote:
> Hi Steve-
>
> On Nov 21, 2008, at 6:25 AM, Steve Dickson wrote:
>> Le Rouzic wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> My patches are based on Chuck 's ones for nfs-utils and kernel. So
>>> when those from Chuck
>>> are committed I will need to review mines if always OK.
>>> Steve Dickson is planning to integrate most of the mount and statd
>>> command changes done by Chuck for IPV6
>>> in next package nfs-utils-1.1.4.
>> This is done and can be found in git://linux-nfs.org/nfs-utils git
>
> I have the latest version of this repo, and there are only the first two
> IPv6 patches in there. These two patches only add new shared
> functionality, none of which is even used yet. So I have a lot more to
> send you.
Bring them on... ;-)

steved.