2008-09-19 07:40:10

by Chris Fanning

Subject: Re: [NFS] sync, async, write speeds.

Hi,

> I'm going to try jumbo frames but it'll take me a while to set it up.
> I'll get back to you with the results.

Meanwhile I've been thinking about this. Please excuse my ignorance.
Jumbo frames are changes at ethernet level2 but nfs is at ip level3. right?
If I've been getting reasonable results using async, doesn't this
indicate that my ethernet network is fast enough already? How will
Jumbo frames help to solve the 'sync' issue?

Thanks.
Chris.