2005-08-29 11:36:13

by Rutger Hendriks

Subject: [Bluez-devel] missing keys from logitech dinovo keyboard

>From: Marcel Holtmann <marcel <at> holtmann.org>
> Subject: Re: missing keys from logitech dinovo keyboard
> Newsgroups: gmane.linux.bluez.devel
> Date: 2004-07-06 10:40:33 GMT (1 year, 7 weeks, 4 days, 18 hours and 30
minutes ago)

>Hi Dick,
>
>> I'm playing with showkey from kbd (http://freshmeat.net/projects/kbd/)
>> All keys are shown except "New" (FnF1), "Reply" (FnF2), "Forward" (FnF3),
>> "Send" (FnF4), "Redo" (FnF6), "Print" (FnF7), "Save" (FnF8), "My
>> Doc" (FnF10), "My Pic" (FnF11) and "My Music" (FnF12) (you get those by
>> enabling F-Lock)
>> Undo (FnF5) and MyComp (FnF9) work though, giving keycode 144 and 145
>> I'm using 2.6.7-mh1 and bluez-(utils/libs)2.7
>> Is this a bug or am I missing something?
>
>I don't know. I never checked the extra keys of my diNovo desktop, but
>maybe the HID parser didn't take them into account and transforms them
>into the correct key events. Feel free to look at the kernel code.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

Hi list,

This is a reply to a message sent over 1 year ago :)
Unfortunately, the issue described in the original message still seems to
occur and is troubling me now. I.e. the function keys F1 - F12 are working
fine, but when I press F-Lock, the special keys FnF1 to FnF4 and FnF6 to FnF8
and FnF10 to FnF12 are not working for me. Nothing is shown in xev, or in
showkeys or in dmesg.
FnF5 and FnF9 give "keycode 199 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol)" and "keycode 198
(keysym 0x0, NoSymbol)" respectively in xev, which is different from the
original post. I am using 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 on AMD64 with bluez-(utils/libs)
2.19.

I have been unable to find anything useful in the kernel code. Is there a
specific place I should look? There seem to be quite some tables with
keycodes/scancodes, and I can not seem to find the one that is used by my
Dinovo keyboard in bluetooth mode (i.e. not in bootmode).

Thanks,

Rutger

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.84 kB)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Rutger Hendriks

On Thursday 01 September 2005 22:31, Paul Webster wrote:
> I have one of these keyboards. I'm fairly sure that all the normal
> keys and media buttons work, but I'm not sure whether the FnF-Keys do.
> I'll look into it when I'm home this weekend.
>
> For reference, I followed the advice of a few different postings on
> linuxquestions.org. I'll see if I can dig up the links...
>
> Paul W

I took a look at linuxquestions.org, but couldn't find any reference to the
Dinovo functionkeys (F1-F12 in F-lock mode)

To be absolutely clear, I have no problems getting the nice silver media
buttons to work (or the halfmoon sleep button). My only problem is with F1 to
F4, F6 to F8 and F10 to F12 in F-lock mode. Normal F1-F12 work okay.

Thanks,

Rutger

Attachments:
(No filename) (752.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Paul Webster

On Monday 29 August 2005 13:36, Rutger Hendriks wrote:
> >> All keys are shown except "New" (FnF1), "Reply" (FnF2), "Forward"
> >> (FnF3), "Send" (FnF4), "Redo" (FnF6), "Print" (FnF7), "Save" (FnF8), "My
> >> Doc" (FnF10), "My Pic" (FnF11) and "My Music" (FnF12) (you get those by
> >> enabling F-Lock)
> >> Undo (FnF5) and MyComp (FnF9) work though, giving keycode 144 and 145
> >> I'm using 2.6.7-mh1 and bluez-(utils/libs)2.7
>
> Unfortunately, the issue described in the original message still seems to
> occur and is troubling me now. I.e. the function keys F1 - F12 are working
> fine, but when I press F-Lock, the special keys FnF1 to FnF4 and FnF6 to
> FnF8 and FnF10 to FnF12 are not working for me. Nothing is shown in xev, or
> in showkeys or in dmesg.
> FnF5 and FnF9 give "keycode 199 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol)" and "keycode 198
> (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol)" respectively in xev, which is different from the
> original post. I am using 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 on AMD64 with bluez-(utils/libs)
> 2.19.
>
> I have been unable to find anything useful in the kernel code. Is there a
> specific place I should look? There seem to be quite some tables with
> keycodes/scancodes, and I can not seem to find the one that is used by my
> Dinovo keyboard in bluetooth mode (i.e. not in bootmode).

Hi again,

I tried fiddling some in the kernel code, but that doesn't seem to help. I
thought that the keytable in Marcel's patch should be the one that is used by
the DiNovo keyboard, so I tried replacing all the "unk" entries in the table
with a number so something should happen when I press F1 after enabling
F-Lock.
Man, was I mistaken. Still nothing happens.
I'm wondering, does anyone else have the DiNovo keyboard and do they have ALL
keys working? What can I try to get this working?

Thanks for any info,

Regards

Rutger

Attachments: