2007-08-19 18:35:26

by Johan Brannlund

Subject: [Bluez-devel] SCO flow control status

Hi. I'm one of those unfortunates who have a Broadcom bluetooth
controller and as a consequence I have to use the SCO flow control kernel
patch to be able to use my headset.

This issue does not appear to be have been fixed in the latest (2.6.23-
rc3) kernel but the bluetooth subsystem has changed enough for the patch
not to apply cleanly anymore.

Is a fix for this issue in the works? I remember seeing a message by
Marcel Holtmann where he said he preferred a different fix, but I haven't
seen anything since then.

Thanks.

- Johan

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] SCO flow control status

Hi Johan,

> I'm one of those unfortunates who have a Broadcom bluetooth
> controller and as a consequence I have to use the SCO flow control kernel
> patch to be able to use my headset.
>
> This issue does not appear to be have been fixed in the latest (2.6.23-
> rc3) kernel but the bluetooth subsystem has changed enough for the patch
> not to apply cleanly anymore.
>
> Is a fix for this issue in the works? I remember seeing a message by
> Marcel Holtmann where he said he preferred a different fix, but I haven't
> seen anything since then.

it currently conflicts with may work on full eSCO support.

Regards

Marcel