2005-02-03 21:17:28

by Oliver Ruiz Dorantes

Subject: [Bluez-devel] USB drivers & architecture

Hi all !

I am new in the list and I hope I am not making a rethorical question,

I am looking at the linux source code and the architecture of BlueZ on the website.

I can see that in the folder /net/bluetooth/* there is the implementation of the layers HCI and L2CAP

Inside there is some foldwers like /bnep /rfcoom /hidp... which are layers on the top of L2CAP

The blueZ libs bring us the API to acces these last layers....

At this point if I am wong, I beg for a correction.

So my question is, where are the sources for the physical layers?
Where can I the drivers for the USB dongles etc?

What is exactily what I found in /drivers/usb/classa/bluetty ?

Thanks a lot

Oliver

2005-02-03 21:24:52

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] USB drivers & architecture

Hi Oliver,

> I am new in the list and I hope I am not making a rethorical
> question,
>
> I am looking at the linux source code and the architecture of BlueZ on
> the website.
>
> I can see that in the folder /net/bluetooth/* there is the
> implementation of the layers HCI and L2CAP
>
> Inside there is some foldwers like /bnep /rfcoom /hidp... which are
> layers on the top of L2CAP
>
> The blueZ libs bring us the API to acces these last layers....
>
> At this point if I am wong, I beg for a correction.

everything is fine so far.

> So my question is, where are the sources for the physical layers?
> Where can I the drivers for the USB dongles etc?

Look at drivers/bluetooth/ for the host transport drivers.

> What is exactily what I found in /drivers/usb/classa/bluetty ?

It is an old driver that converts a Bluetooth H:2 dongle into a
Bluetooth serial device with H:4 protocol.

Regards

Marcel