2005-09-03 19:36:45

by Oliver Ruiz Dorantes

Subject: [Bluez-devel] bcm2035

Hello all,

Anybody tested the chip 2035 under BlueZ stack?

I have been playing with it with good results, but suddently i get the
BD_ADDR as 00:00:00:00:00:00, and the dongle due to this (i think) is not
working even in windows. All other commands or inquiry process is working

Looks like it forgot its BD_ADDR, and as far as i know there is no SW
way(hci command) to set it again, I wonder if there is a SW way that i could
have deleted it by mistake....

The model is BT3035 from Tecom with as i said the chip is Broadcom 2035

Any idea / advice ?

thanks

by Paul Webster

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] bcm2035

> Anybody tested the chip 2035 under BlueZ stack?
I have a laptop sporting one of these USB based chips "built-in". An
HP Pavilion zd8004AP

> I have been playing with it with good results, but suddently i get the
> BD_ADDR as 00:00:00:00:00:00, and the dongle due to this (i think) is not
> working even in windows. All other commands or inquiry process is working
Same, although, when I first purchased the laptop, it came with
Windows XP installed, and the bluetooth _WAS_ working. After
repartitioning the 80Gb HDD and re-installing XP on a smaller
partition, using the discs that came with the laptop, I couldn't get
bluetooth installed again. I kept getting errors saying that the
bluetooth license was not valid, and asking to locate the correct
license file.

Under linux, it works fine, although I have to specify the interface
(hci0) every time I use things like hcitool and hciconfig. For
example:

~ $ hciconfig
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 377:10 SCO MTU: 16:0
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN=20
RX bytes:111 acl:0 sco:0 events:14 errors:0
TX bytes:310 acl:0 sco:0 commands:14 errors:0
~ $ hcitool scan
Device is not available: No such device
~ $ hcitool -i hci0 scan
Scanning ...
00:0A:94:C0:2A:6E Bluetooth Mouse
~ $ hidd --connect 00:0A:94:C0:2A:6E
~ $ hidd --show =20
00:0A:94:C0:2A:6E HID Boot Device [0000:0000] connected [boot-protocol]

> Looks like it forgot its BD_ADDR, and as far as i know there is no SW
> way(hci command) to set it again, I wonder if there is a SW way that i co=
uld
> have deleted it by mistake....
This is kind of an interesting idea. I would have assumed that the
BD_ADDR was a harware adress, and not alterable by software.
Certainly, what I assume was/is the original adress is stamped on a
sticker on the module (I pulled the laptop appart to check it out last
week).

> The model is BT3035 from Tecom with as i said the chip is Broadcom 2035
for reference:
~ $ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0a5c:2035 Broadcom Corp. BCM2035 Bluetooth

The lable on the module says:
Broadcom BCM92035NMD
FCC ID: QDS-BRCM1009
Canada IC: 4324A-BRCM1009
HP PN: 36438-001
Product of Taiwan
F/W: 105.97 Rev:0A
SPS PN: 376651-001

> Any idea / advice ?
I'm planning on looking into it some more once I have some more time