2005-11-29 03:46:02

by Michael Gorbach

Subject: [Bluez-users] dinovo problem ... hid2hci

I more or less have my dinovo keyboard working under bluez and gentoo.
There are two problems I wanted to ask about:
1. The dongle doesnt reset to HID mode when system is shut off ... so I have
no ability to use the keyboard in grub! I need to write a script to reset it
to hid mode when the system is shut off. How can i do this? The hid2hci
program supposedly provides an option to switch back to hid mode ... but it
doesn't work. I get the error "No devices in hid mode found" (obviously!).

2. The functions keys on my dinovo dont work (fn keys). The mouse is stuck in
f-lock mode where the function keys are special keys ... but I want them to
just work as f1 ... f12. What do i need to get the f-lock key working?

Michael Gorbach

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] dinovo problem ... hid2hci

Hi Michael,

> I more or less have my dinovo keyboard working under bluez and gentoo.
> There are two problems I wanted to ask about:
> 1. The dongle doesnt reset to HID mode when system is shut off ... so I have
> no ability to use the keyboard in grub! I need to write a script to reset it
> to hid mode when the system is shut off. How can i do this? The hid2hci
> program supposedly provides an option to switch back to hid mode ... but it
> doesn't work. I get the error "No devices in hid mode found" (obviously!).

we don't know the magic sequence to switch it back into HID mode.

> 2. The functions keys on my dinovo dont work (fn keys). The mouse is stuck in
> f-lock mode where the function keys are special keys ... but I want them to
> just work as f1 ... f12. What do i need to get the f-lock key working?

What do the function keys have to do with the mouse. About what diNovo
generation are we talking.

Regards

Marcel