2005-09-15 15:56:20

by Pete Stevens

Subject: [Bluez-users] sdptool -i

Hi,

My system has multiple bluetooth dongles. How can I specify which dongle
to use with sdptool ? I thought there was a -i option that specified the
interface but this doesn't seem to work.

[root@pstevens root]# hciconfig
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0E:A1:33:0E:4A ACL MTU: 377:10 SCO MTU: 16:0
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:107 acl:0 sco:0 events:14 errors:0
TX bytes:303 acl:0 sco:0 commands:14 errors:0

hci1: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0E:A1:33:0E:45 ACL MTU: 377:10 SCO MTU: 16:0
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:107 acl:0 sco:0 events:14 errors:0
TX bytes:303 acl:0 sco:0 commands:14 errors:0

[root@pstevens root]# sdptool -i hci0 search OPUSH
sdptool: invalid option -- i
sdptool - SDP Tool v1.5
Usage:
sdptool [options] <command> [command parameters]

As far as I can tell, sdptool 1.5 is the latest version. Scanning the mailing
list suggests that the -i option has been mentioned but I can't confirm if
it's been implemented or not.

Many thanks,

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens
[email protected]

I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.
-- Anonymous

by Pete Stevens

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] sdptool -i

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> > [root@pstevens root]# sdptool -i hci0 search OPUSH
> > sdptool: invalid option -- i
> > sdptool - SDP Tool v1.5
> > Usage:
> > sdptool [options] <command> [command parameters]
> >

> > As far as I can tell, sdptool 1.5 is the latest version. Scanning the mailing
> > list suggests that the -i option has been mentioned but I can't confirm if
> > it's been implemented or not.
>
> my sdptool tells me it is version 2.21. I think you should update,
> because this was fixed long time ago.

Apologies - I've just built the latest version from source and it's working
fine now.

I'll go and hide under a rock.

Yours,

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens
[email protected]

What's got four legs and an arm?
A happy Rottweiler.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Pete,

> [root@pstevens root]# sdptool -i hci0 search OPUSH
> sdptool: invalid option -- i
> sdptool - SDP Tool v1.5
> Usage:
> sdptool [options] <command> [command parameters]
>

> As far as I can tell, sdptool 1.5 is the latest version. Scanning the mailing
> list suggests that the -i option has been mentioned but I can't confirm if
> it's been implemented or not.

my sdptool tells me it is version 2.21. I think you should update,
because this was fixed long time ago.

Regards

Marcel