2008-08-20 23:24:57

by Johannes Niederloehner

Subject: [Bluez-users] in 3.36 registering security interface without adapter?

Having some trouble after updating vom 3.31 to 3.36 with registering a
passkeyagent.
Taking a look at the sources I'm wondering couple of things.

in 3.31:

after adding a new adapter...hcid_dbus_register_device calls
dbus_connection_create_object_path and this function of dbus-hci.c adds in
data->user_data the adapter name/path (e.g /org/bluez/hci0)

When a new passkeyagent registers calling the method register_passkey_agent
from the method table security_methods (via the generic_table from
dbus-helper.c)
the following doesn't fail, since data isnt null:

if (!data) {
error("register_passkey_agent called without any adapter info!");
return DBUS_HANDLER_RESULT_NOT_YET_HANDLED;
}

In contrary in 3.36 dbus-helper.c is removed and you are more using GLib
stuff.

the mentioned function hcid_dbus_register_device of dbus-hci.c calls
security_init without passing the adapter name. security_init finally calls
g_dbus_register_interface without providing adapter name.

finally if register_passkey_agent gets called, the following, _does
fails_ :

if (!data) {
error("register_passkey_agent called without any adapter info!");
return NULL;
}

since the user_data was never filled.

Everything seems also to be related with the usage of GLib or I mean because
I disabled the usage of that Lib and your own implementation is used instead

Is this a problem, isn't it?
Sorry if I have demonstrated the problem not clearly. In that case just drop
me a line I'll try again tomorrow after having some more sleep.

Thanks,
Johannes N.

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.54 kB)
(No filename) (2.00 kB)
(No filename) (363.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by jayjwa

-> Having some trouble after updating vom 3.31 to 3.36 with registering a
-> passkeyagent.

-> Everything seems also to be related with the usage of GLib or I mean because
-> I disabled the usage of that Lib and your own implementation is used instead

It might well be glib related as you say, because I have used passkey-agent
with no trouble on 3.36, my current version.