2004-11-01 15:57:16

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Belkin Bluetooth USB Printer Adapter

Hi Dave,

there must be a "Reply to All" button in your mail client ;)

> I have installed bluez-utils-2.10, shutdown linux and restarted,
> but when I enter a custom entry in the print configurer, it will not
> accept it. I am entering in the following format
>
> bluetooth://0002456574a3/spp
>
> is this the incorrect format or am I entering in the wrong place? Is
> there something else I hav'nt done?

you don't need to add the protocol, because the backend will identify
the support protocol by itself. Only fill in the BD_ADDR with the
colons.

Do you tried the web frontend at localhost:631 ?

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Dave,

> I tried using the web front end and still no joy.
> I tried to add a new printer (I have no printers attached other
> that the bluetooth link).
> I entered the name - test and location - localhost, pressed
> continue.
> Then I select the device 'Unknown Network Device (Bluetooth)',
> again pressed continue.
> Next I entered the URI - bluetooth:/00:02:72:40:80:A3/ and
> pressed continue again.
> Then I selected the make - Canon and pressed continue.
> Lastly I select the model and pressed continue and got the message
> 'client-error-not-authorized'
> Now I suspect that I have not set something up correctly, any help
> appreciated.

in the previous post I wrote "with", but meant "without". The URI for
your printer is "bluetooth://0002724080A3/". Sorry for the confusion.

Regards

Marcel

by Dave Givens

Marcel;
Sorry pressed the right button this time.

I tried using the web front end and still no joy.
I tried to add a new printer (I have no printers attached other that
the bluetooth link).
I entered the name - test and location - localhost, pressed continue.
Then I select the device 'Unknown Network Device (Bluetooth)', again
pressed continue.
Next I entered the URI - bluetooth:/00:02:72:40:80:A3/ and
pressed continue again.
Then I selected the make - Canon and pressed continue.
Lastly I select the model and pressed continue and got the message
'client-error-not-authorized'
Now I suspect that I have not set something up correctly, any help
appreciated.

Dave Givens