2008-07-11 03:48:31

by Manish RATHI

Subject: Regarding integration with cryptodev

Hi,
Is there any effort done to make linux crypto api to work with cryptodev?
How can I use kernel space linux crypto with user space libraries?
Does Linux crypto framework provide async APIs like OCF? What are the pros and cons of Linux crypto in comparison to OCF?
Has anybody tested openswan KLIPS patch with 2.6.24 kernel so that ipsec use OCF?

Regards
Manish

2008-07-11 06:04:17

by Evgeniy Polyakov

Subject: Re: Regarding integration with cryptodev

Hi.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 09:00:12AM +0530, Manish RATHI ([email protected]) wrote:
> Is there any effort done to make linux crypto api to work with cryptodev?

No.

> How can I use kernel space linux crypto with user space libraries?

You can not.

> Does Linux crypto framework provide async APIs like OCF? What are the pros and cons of Linux crypto in comparison to OCF?

Cryptoapi does much more than OCF has.

> Has anybody tested openswan KLIPS patch with 2.6.24 kernel so that ipsec use OCF?

Unlikely...

There is a work to implement userspace interface for cryptoapi, which
will use all its features, be asynchronous (there is a patch to
implement aio_read/aio_write with crypto file descriptors), although
work is in early development, it promises interesting capabilities.

Check work from Shasi Pulijala <[email protected]> and
Loc Ho <[email protected]>

--
Evgeniy Polyakov