2007-09-03 21:54:39

by Rik Snel

Subject: proposed XTS implementation

Hello list (cc: Herbert, Christoph),

In my previous mail you will find a proposed patch to
implement XTS (a block cipher mode alike LRW, but unlike
LRW, no known security problems (LRW has problems encrypting
it's own key)). An email from Cristoph sparked my interest,
and the lrw.c file was a good starting point. You will find
that xts.c includes less weird functions than lrw.c.

xts.c is compilation tested as a module outside the kernel,
it 'hould work(tm).

Herbert: I need to instances of AES, did I do that correctly?

Greetings,

Rik.

--
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.

2007-09-07 06:22:26

by Herbert Xu

Subject: Re: proposed XTS implementation

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 11:53:13PM +0200, [email protected] wrote:

> Herbert: I need to instances of AES, did I do that correctly?

Yep it's perfect.

Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>