Subject: Link order of the AES-module(s)

Hello Herbert,

this is just for the protocol. If you build the two aes modules into
the kernel (1x asm + 1x generic) than the asm module is initialized
before the generic one and even before the crypto API itself. This was
allready the case before I started to dig around :)
This is currently not a problem because the module itself isn't used at
that time and the init code doesn't do much.

Sebastian

2008-03-13 11:39:52

by Herbert Xu

Subject: Re: Link order of the AES-module(s)

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 11:20:12PM +0100, Sebastian Siewior wrote:
> Hello Herbert,
>
> this is just for the protocol. If you build the two aes modules into
> the kernel (1x asm + 1x generic) than the asm module is initialized
> before the generic one and even before the crypto API itself. This was
> allready the case before I started to dig around :)
> This is currently not a problem because the module itself isn't used at
> that time and the init code doesn't do much.

Right as long as the data structures for registering algorithms
do not require initialisations this is OK.

Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>