2018-06-14 16:26:36

by Michael Büsch

Subject: Re: b43 crashes on rmmod (bcm4331)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:47:19 +0300
Wirz <spam-rxbgZ4vWfLhdz0/[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Ok. Do I apply your patch to the first version that fails for me, and
> >> revert my change to Kconfig?
> >

> > Yes, please test the patch with a version that would otherwise fail.
> > You can use 4.16 or the latest kernel for that. I created it with latest
> > linus' version.
>
> I tested both suggested cases. When I disable B43_HWRNG by editing
> Kconfig, 'rmmod b43' succeeds in the first version where it previously
> failed. When I apply your patch on top of an unmodified 4.16 it also
> succeeds.

Thank you _very_ much for testing.

I will submit this patch to the hw_random maintainers.

--
Michael

Attachments:
(No filename) (833.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2018-06-14 19:18:52

by Wirz

On 14/06/18 19:26, Michael Büsch wrote:

>>> Yes, please test the patch with a version that would otherwise fail.
>>> You can use 4.16 or the latest kernel for that. I created it with latest
>>> linus' version.
>>
>> I tested both suggested cases. When I disable B43_HWRNG by editing
>> Kconfig, 'rmmod b43' succeeds in the first version where it previously
>> failed. When I apply your patch on top of an unmodified 4.16 it also
>> succeeds.
>

> Thank you _very_ much for testing.
>
> I will submit this patch to the hw_random maintainers.

Great, thank you! I look forward to using a current kernel again.

cheers, lukas

--
Do not believe the naysayers who say it cannot be done.

Attachments:
signature.asc (195.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature