2010-02-10 09:42:47

by Dmitry Kasatkin

Subject: Possible bug: blkcipher_walk_done()

Hi,

It seems that there is a mistake in the implementation of

int blkcipher_walk_done(struct blkcipher_desc *desc,
struct blkcipher_walk *walk, int err)

blkcipher_walk_virt() will call crypto_kmap() to map page.

But in the case then err argument is < 0 and we cannot continue then
blkcipher_walk_done() will not
unmap the page.

What do you think?

- Dmitry

2010-02-14 05:48:00

by Herbert Xu

Subject: Re: Possible bug: blkcipher_walk_done()

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 09:42:13AM +0000, Dmitry Kasatkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that there is a mistake in the implementation of
>
> int blkcipher_walk_done(struct blkcipher_desc *desc,
> struct blkcipher_walk *walk, int err)
>
> blkcipher_walk_virt() will call crypto_kmap() to map page.
>
> But in the case then err argument is < 0 and we cannot continue then
> blkcipher_walk_done() will not
> unmap the page.
>
> What do you think?

Only blkcipher.c itself calls blkcipher_walk_done with err < 0.
Algorithms are not supposed to do that as this interface is only
for synchronous implementations.

When blkcipher.c uses it with err < 0 the pages are never mapped.

Do you need to be able to fail with a synchronous algorithm?

Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>

by Dmitry Kasatkin

Hi,

Strange what you say.... if err < 0 the page are never mapped...

Pages mapped before... and they are not unmapped and mapped again...
So they left mapped..
And yes... if HW fails then it need to break the function and unmap
previously mapped pages.

I will submit patches for review soon to this list.

Thanks for your discussion!

- Dmitry