2011-01-13 07:19:33

by Dmitry Kasatkin

Subject: RSA verification in the kernel

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a GPL implementation of RSA verification
for the Linux kernel?

I know DigSig, but is anything recent available?

Thanks,
Dmitry

2011-01-13 08:08:07

by Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos

Subject: Re: RSA verification in the kernel

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Dmitry Kasatkin
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anybody know if there is a GPL implementation of RSA verification
> for the Linux kernel?
> I know DigSig, but is anything recent available?

In NCR [http://home.gna.org/cryptodev-linux/ncr.html] I've added RSA and DSA
using the public domain libtommath/libtomcrypt. You could use them. The internal
API for RSA is the libtomcrypt one.

regards,
Nikos

2011-01-13 10:28:27

by Dmitry Kasatkin

Hi,

Indeed. Forgot about it. I even have that repo on my computer: newapi
branch.

Thanks,

Dmitry

On 13/01/11 10:08, ext Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Dmitry Kasatkin
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Does anybody know if there is a GPL implementation of RSA verification
>> for the Linux kernel?
>> I know DigSig, but is anything recent available?
> In NCR [http://home.gna.org/cryptodev-linux/ncr.html] I've added RSA and DSA
> using the public domain libtommath/libtomcrypt. You could use them. The internal
> API for RSA is the libtomcrypt one.
>
> regards,
> Nikos

by Dmitry Kasatkin

Hi,

License of that library is such
DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, December 2004

Copyright (C) 2004 Sam Hocevar <[email protected]>

Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim or modified
copies of this license document, and changing it is allowed as long
as the name is changed.

DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION

0. You just DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO.

I wonder if such code can be integrated to Linux kernel..
It needs to be GPL..
Can this "F..G" license be converted to GPL...?

- Dmitry

On 13/01/11 12:25, Dmitry Kasatkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Indeed. Forgot about it. I even have that repo on my computer: newapi
> branch.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dmitry
>
> On 13/01/11 10:08, ext Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Dmitry Kasatkin
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Does anybody know if there is a GPL implementation of RSA verification
>>> for the Linux kernel?
>>> I know DigSig, but is anything recent available?
>> In NCR [http://home.gna.org/cryptodev-linux/ncr.html] I've added RSA and DSA
>> using the public domain libtommath/libtomcrypt. You could use them. The internal
>> API for RSA is the libtomcrypt one.
>>
>> regards,
>> Nikos
>> --
>> the body of a message to [email protected]

by Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Dmitry Kasatkin
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
> License of that library is such
>            DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC LICENSE
>                    Version 2, December 2004
>  Copyright (C) 2004 Sam Hocevar <[email protected]>

I see that there is new maintainer of libtomcrypt and such and uses this
licence. This wasn't the case when I started working on that, thus
my code is based on the last public domain one released by Tom
(and is also pretty modified).

regards,
Nikos