2012-04-16 12:48:51

by Herbert Xu

Subject: Re: Problem with crypto when initializing TKIP

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:29:19AM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:

> The value of ok is NOTIFY_OK, which leads to a return of -ENOENT and
> a failure of the initialization.

NOTIFY_OK means that we have no notifiers installed. Did you
compile/load CRYPTO_MANAGER?

Email: Herbert Xu <[email protected]>

by Larry Finger

On 04/16/2012 07:48 AM, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:29:19AM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
>>
>> The value of ok is NOTIFY_OK, which leads to a return of -ENOENT and
>> a failure of the initialization.
>
> NOTIFY_OK means that we have no notifiers installed. Did you
> compile/load CRYPTO_MANAGER?

Thanks for responding. The CRYPTO_MANAGER is built in, but your suggestion got
me into the correct area. For some unknown reason, CONFIG_MICHAEL_MIC was
dropped from my configuration. When I added it, everything works.

I will improve the error message in the driver.

Thanks again,

Larry