2007-08-29 12:14:59

by Eran Ben-Avi

Subject: OCF(20070727) cryptosoft errors with openssl 0.9.8e

Hi,

Did anyone test latest OCF(20070727) with openssl 0.9.8e ?
I patched the OCF on kernel 2.6.23(rc) and ssl.patch on openssl 0.9.8e and got errors when tried to perform key decryption using cryptosoft driver.
I tested it with older OCF on older kernel(2.6.12.6) and it worked properly.

Thanks,
Eran Ben-Avi

Got a little couch potato?

by David McCullough

Jivin Eran Ben-Avi lays it down ...
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone test latest OCF(20070727) with openssl 0.9.8e ?
> I patched the OCF on kernel 2.6.23(rc) and ssl.patch on openssl 0.9.8e
> and got errors when tried to perform key decryption using cryptosoft driver.
> I tested it with older OCF on older kernel(2.6.12.6) and it worked properly.

Which specific commands/openssl features were you running so I can
reproduce it here ? A lot of the openssl patch was reworked to make
it more acceptable to send upstream as a patch.

The things I use regularly were tested, but not everything. We have
fixed a couple of bugs since 20070727 so if I can get some more
information it might be time to do a new version with it fixed ;-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough, [email protected], Ph:+61 734352815
Secure Computing - SnapGear http://www.uCdot.org http://www.cyberguard.com

2007-08-29 14:37:27

by Eran Ben-Avi

Hi,

Please ignore.Apparently the ocfnull was enabled along
with the cryptosoft - that was the root cause of my
problem.

Thanks,
Eran Ben-Avi

--- David McCullough
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Jivin Eran Ben-Avi lays it down ...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did anyone test latest OCF(20070727) with openssl
> 0.9.8e ?
> > I patched the OCF on kernel 2.6.23(rc) and
> ssl.patch on openssl 0.9.8e
> > and got errors when tried to perform key
> decryption using cryptosoft driver.
> > I tested it with older OCF on older
> kernel(2.6.12.6) and it worked properly.
>
> Which specific commands/openssl features were you
> running so I can
> reproduce it here ? A lot of the openssl patch was
> reworked to make
> it more acceptable to send upstream as a patch.
>
> The things I use regularly were tested, but not
> everything. We have
> fixed a couple of bugs since 20070727 so if I can
> get some more
> information it might be time to do a new version
> with it fixed ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Davidm
>
> --
> David McCullough,
> [email protected], Ph:+61
> 734352815
> Secure Computing - SnapGear http://www.uCdot.org
> http://www.cyberguard.com

by David McCullough

Jivin Eran Ben-Avi lays it down ...
> Hi,
>
> Please ignore.Apparently the ocfnull was enabled along
> with the cryptosoft - that was the root cause of my
> problem.

No problems.

Cheers,
Davidm