2012-06-20 08:44:16

by Ronen Shitrit

Subject: GCM counter inc

Hi

According to the GCM NIST publication, the counter increment should be
module 32 bit.
Looking into the crypto code, I can see that when using gcm(aes) the
gcm will use the ctr over aes,
ctr.c is using the crypto_inc with size of blocksize, which is 16 for AES.
in case crypto_inc will overflow in 32bit it will inc the next 32bit...

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

by Ronen Shitrit

Subject: Re: GCM counter inc

Can someone verify if it is a bug?

Thanks