2008-08-22 11:14:41

by Tomasz Chmielewski

Subject: how can I verify that CRYPTO_DEV_IXP4XX (ixp4xx_crypto) works?

How can I verify that CRYPTO_DEV_IXP4XX (ixp4xx_crypto) works?

I have XScale-IXP42x CPU, the ixp4xx_crypto module loads fine, but I'm
not sure how to use it.

Any pointing to the documentation?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org

2008-08-22 11:37:17

by Herbert Xu

Tomasz Chmielewski <[email protected]> wrote:
> How can I verify that CRYPTO_DEV_IXP4XX (ixp4xx_crypto) works?
>
> I have XScale-IXP42x CPU, the ixp4xx_crypto module loads fine, but I'm
> not sure how to use it.

Just use something that uses one of the algorithms provided by it,
e.g., setup an IPsec SA. The system will use it automatically.
You can verify it by either looking at the refcnt field in
/proc/crypto or through lsmod.

Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>