2009-12-30 20:23:47

by Bhaskara Peela

Subject: How to use Linux Crypto API when we already registered with Hardware Crypto API

Hi,

I am using 2.6.30 kernel. I have registered some IPSec crypto/auth algorithms(ex: 3DES/MD5) supported by hardware with linux. I want to verify the hardware crypto/authentication output with that of linux Crypto API. To do this, I want to send same kind of IPSec packet to hardware crypto engine and linux Crypto API and compare the output.

I know, I can do this, by building two images one with hardware acceleration and one without it. But, I want to do this run time so that it can be fast and i can use single image. Can you suggest a way to do this in esp4.c ?

thanks
bhaskara

2010-01-05 19:34:24

by Bhaskara Peela

Hi,

My apologies for resposting this issue. Can any one suggest some mechanism to do this?

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhaskara Peela
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 12:24 PM
To: '[email protected]'

Hi,

I am using 2.6.30 kernel. I have registered some IPSec crypto/auth algorithms(ex: 3DES/MD5) supported by hardware with linux. I want to verify the hardware crypto/authentication output with that of linux Crypto API. To do this, I want to send same kind of IPSec packet to hardware crypto engine and linux Crypto API and compare the output.

I know, I can do this, by building two images one with hardware acceleration and one without it. But, I want to do this run time so that it can be fast and i can use single image. Can you suggest a way to do this in esp4.c ?

thanks
bhaskara

2010-01-12 11:22:14

by Herbert Xu

Bhaskara Peela <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am using 2.6.30 kernel. I have registered some IPSec crypto/auth algorithms(ex: 3DES/MD5) supported by hardware with linux. I want to verify the hardware crypto/authentication output with that of linux Crypto API. To do this, I want to send same kind of IPSec packet to hardware crypto engine and linux Crypto API and compare the output.
>
> I know, I can do this, by building two images one with hardware acceleration and one without it. But, I want to do this run time so that it can be fast and i can use single image. Can you suggest a way to do this in esp4.c ?

If you build your driver as a module, then you can easily switch
between it and the software implementation by loading/unloading
the module.

Of course, for verification purposes you don't even need to do
this as the self-test mechanism kicks in as soon as you register
your driver.

So just check /proc/crypto or dmesg after your driver is loaded.

Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>