2012-04-20 13:01:26

by cloudy.linux

Subject: alg: hash: Test 6 failed for mv-hmac-sha1, mv_cesa on orion

Hello

It's the first time I try to report a kernel bug. If I'm reporting
this at the wrong place or I'm doing something wrong, please point me
the right direction. Thanks.

I have a linkstation pro (from buffalo) which uses orion SOC. It runs
debian wheezy with self compiled vanilla kernel. With "Marvell's
Cryptographic Engine" (CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEV_MV_CESA) enabled, during
boot, the following was in the kernel log:

alg: hash: Test 6 failed for mv-hmac-sha1
00000000: 9a 5e 0d 81 ff f1 0b 69 3b 73 88 c8 d6 c9 13 d9
00000010: 06 e3 53 3e

Without the hardware cryptographic support, everything seems normal.
And on a Kirkwood machine (ls-wvl/E-AP from buffalo), the CESA engine
works fine with the same version of kernel and the same
cryptographic-related configurations.

The CPU information:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : Feroceon rev 0 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 265.42
Features : swp half fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x926
CPU revision : 0

Hardware : Buffalo Linkstation Pro/Live
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

The kernel config was attached.
I tried various kernel versions, at least 2.6.38.8, 3.0.25 and
3.2.12~15. The results were all the same.

(Am I supposed to attach the config as attachment or directly show the
content here ?)

regards

cloudy

Attachments:
config-3.2.15-orion-cesa_enabled (40.70 kB)