2006-10-22 07:38:00

by guomingyang

Subject: a question about ext4_fsblk_t

Hello everyone:

I am a student interesting in linux filesystem, I have a problem about the replace of block number type to ext4_fsblk_t. Is it complete? Or has it passed all the test? Because I have found a place like this in linux-2.6.19-rc2/fs/ext4/inode.c

+struct buffer_head *ext4_bread(handle_t *handle, struct inode *inode,
+ int block, int create, int *err)

the block's type is not changed. Although I think it will bring no mistake, I doubt about why not change it. Thank you !

guomingyang

2006-10-22 08:50:04

by guomingyang

Subject: Re: a question about ext4_fsblk_t

I also find many places where the block number type is not changed in namei.c and dir.c. Why?
Thank you to anyone who offer help
>Hello everyone:
>
> I am a student interesting in linux filesystem, I have a problem about the replace of block number type to ext4_fsblk_t. Is it complete? Or has it passed all the test? Because I have found a place like this in linux-2.6.19-rc2/fs/ext4/inode.c
>

>+struct buffer_head *ext4_bread(handle_t *handle, struct inode *inode,
>+ int block, int create, int *err)
>

>the block's type is not changed. Although I think it will bring no mistake, I doubt about why not change it. Thank you !
>

>guomingyang
>
>-
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-fsdevel" in
>the body of a message to [email protected]

guomingyang

2006-11-29 01:13:37

by Mingming Cao

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 16:50 +0800, guomingyang wrote:

> I also find many places where the block number type is not changed in namei.c and dir.c. Why?

They are all file logical blocks, ext4_fsblk_t is for on disk blocks.

Takashi Sato has a patch to define all file logical blocks as
ext3_fileblk_t, it did not make to mainline before ext4 was forked.
Probably we should bring the to ext3/4 to clarify the confusions.

Mingming