2007-08-10 12:34:10

by Kosta Kliakhandler

Subject: fsck 1.39 segfaults while fixing a corrupt inode

Hi!

I have a severe problem - I was a fool and made / (root) ext4 (at
least not /home, thank god) and somehow some corruption occured.
While running fsck, it keeps segfaulting, complaining about fast
memory corruption (segfaults always at the same inode, always when I
tell it to fix it). I *think* the issue was addressed in
e2fsprogs-1.40.2 (from what I understood in the changelog) - but I
can't find a patchset for it...
I tried to do the 1.39 patch on the 1.40.2 source but there were more
then a few mismatches and it didn't build. with enough work, I might
be able to build it, but I strongly prefer a ready patch/tarball which
I know will work and I haven't found any on the net.

Can anyone please point me to one or send one to me, or advise on a
different solution?

Thanks in advance,
Kosta.

--
Kosta.tk

Attachments:
(No filename) (819.00 B)
error.out (3.00 kB)

by Andreas Dilger

On Aug 10, 2007 15:34 +0300, Kosta Kliakhandler wrote:
> I have a severe problem - I was a fool and made / (root) ext4 (at
> least not /home, thank god) and somehow some corruption occured.
> While running fsck, it keeps segfaulting, complaining about fast
> memory corruption (segfaults always at the same inode, always when I
> tell it to fix it). I *think* the issue was addressed in
> e2fsprogs-1.40.2 (from what I understood in the changelog) - but I
> can't find a patchset for it...
> I tried to do the 1.39 patch on the 1.40.2 source but there were more
> then a few mismatches and it didn't build. with enough work, I might
> be able to build it, but I strongly prefer a ready patch/tarball which
> I know will work and I haven't found any on the net.
>
> Can anyone please point me to one or send one to me, or advise on a
> different solution?

Try ftp://ftp.lustre.org/pub/lustre/other/e2fsprogs/

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
Principal Software Engineer