2007-11-04 22:44:38

by Theodore Ts'o

Subject: What's in e2fsprogs.git (stable)

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Theodore Ts'o (1):
Fix typo in the summary section of the blkid man page

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Valerie Clement (3):
libext2fs: use ext2fs_group_first_block() instead of open-coded
equivalent
libext2fs: cleanup usage of unsigned int or __u32 and replace it
with blk_t
libext2fs: Add EXT2_DESC_SIZE and EXT2_DESC_PER_BLOCK macros

2007-12-17 17:11:37

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Andreas Dilger (1):
fix check_mntent_file() to pass mode for open(O_CREAT)

Arun Thomas (1):
e2image in raw-mode appends an extra byte to image-file

Eric Sandeen (1):
e2fsprogs: fix blkid whole-disk scanning heuristics

Samuel Thibault (1):
Fix Debian rules files to support building non-Linux archs

Theodore Ts'o (20):
Fix errors in test_ss.c so it can be an example application and
test case
libext2fs: Fix a corner case bug in ext2fs_unlink
libss: Fix parallel build failure
Update Spanish translation and e2fsprogs.pot file for 1.40.3
release
gen-tarball: Ignore the Meta directory when creating the release
tarballs
Update Debian policy compliance to version 3.7.3.0
Add Ubuntu-specific e2fsck.conf file to work around Ubuntu issues
libext2fs: Add checks to prevent integer overflows passed to
malloc()
Update release notes, version files, etc., for 1.40.3 release.
ext2fs_flushfs: Remove the NEEDS_RECOVERY from the backup
superblocks
Fix cross-compilation support in Debian's build rules
Fix uuid_unparse man page to give a correct example UUID output
string
libss: Fix "make check" test case to work portably
blkid: Avoid division by zero error when probing an invalid FAT
filesystem
libcom_err: Fix sign-extension problem on 64-bit systems in
error_message()
Update Dutch and Polish translations from the Translation Project
Remove Rwandan translation
blkid: Output non-printing characters using ^ and M- notation
fsck: '#' is only a comment character at the beginning of an fstab
line

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement, including
patches merged in from previous topics branch:
js/flex-bg (partial)
cl/remove-masix
tt/badblocks-cleanup
tt/chattr-error-code

Coly Li (5):
debugfs: remove masix support
document: remove masix from data structure
libext2fs: remove masix support
e2fsck: remove masix support
mke2fs: remove masix support

Dmitry V. Levin (6):
e2image: Fix potential off-by-one fs_device_name buffer overflow
Check fgets(3) return value
blkid/test_probe.in: Fix temporary files handling
texinfo: Fix directory entries
blkid.pc, ss.pc: Move private libs from "Libs:" to "Libs.private:"
check_ea_in_inode: Cleanup e2fsck_write_inode_full() call

Jose R. Santos (4):
Reserve the INCOMPAT feature number for FLEX_BG.
lib/ext2fs/Makefile.in: Reorder some of the $(SRCS) in alphabetical
order.
Relax group descriptor checking for FLEX_BG
Enable FLEX_BG feature support

Theodore Ts'o (9):
libe2p: Use lstat() instead of stat() in fsetflags() and
fgetflags()
libe2p: Change iterate_on_dir so that it counts non-zero returns
chattr: provide an exit code in case of failure and add -f flag
badblocks: Use unsigned int instead of unsigned long for test
patterns
badblocks: Change unsigned long to blk_t and unsigned int, as
appropriate
badblocks: Factor out calls to strtoul to a helper function
badblocks: Use unsigned int instead of unsigned long for test
patterns
badblocks: Change unsigned long to blk_t and unsigned int, as
appropriate
badblocks: Factor out calls to strtoul to a helper function

2007-12-17 17:23:03

by Jan Kara

Subject: Re: What's in e2fsprogs.git (stable)

> Theodore Ts'o (20):
> Fix errors in test_ss.c so it can be an example application and
> test case
> libext2fs: Fix a corner case bug in ext2fs_unlink
Not that it would matter much but I think this was actually my fix ;).

Honza
--
Jan Kara <[email protected]>
SuSE CR Labs

2007-12-17 20:48:51

by Theodore Ts'o

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 06:23:01PM +0100, Jan Kara wrote:
> > Theodore Ts'o (20):
> > Fix errors in test_ss.c so it can be an example application and
> > test case
> > libext2fs: Fix a corner case bug in ext2fs_unlink
> Not that it would matter much but I think this was actually my fix ;).

Yep, sorry. You are listed as the first Signed-off-by: in the patch
header. When the patches is in a form that can't be automatically
sucked in via "git am" (including appropriately formatted patch
comments), I end up applying the patch by hand, and I do try to
remember to manually set the Author field, but sometimes I forget.

- Ted

2008-01-01 18:01:45

by Theodore Ts'o

Lots of old (and new) bugs that had been hanging around Sourcefroge
and Debian bug trackers have been fixed. In addition, yesterday I
released 1.40.4 of e2fsprogs.

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Theodore Ts'o (29):
uuidd: Use /var/lib/libuuid instead of /var/run/uuidd
libuuid: When starting uuidd, use waitpid() to reap the zombie
process
libuuid: Only try to start the uuidd daemon a limited number of
times
debian: Add a dependency on libuuid1 to the uuid-runtime package
Add #define needed for Hurd ioctl definitions
libuuid: Fix bug which caused uuidd to fail if sizeof(int) !=
sizeof(int *)
uuidd: Avoid race conditions to that only one uuidd is started
Update Vietnamese translation from the Translation Project
Convert use of ext2fs_get_mem to ext2fs_get_array for overflow
detection
Fix build failure on non-Linux/non-Hurd/non-Masix systems
Add --disable-tls configure option
Add --disable-uuidd configure option
debian: Do not use TLS or uuidd when building the bootfloppy udeb's
Test for sys/syscall.h in configure to fix dietlibc build problem
Fix build error in blkid/tst_types.c when using diet libc
debian: build the e2fsck-static package so it works on 2.4 kernels
debian: Use useradd and groupadd in favor of adduser
Update dependencies in lib/uuid/Makefile.in
debian: Fix the document ID in comerr_dev.doc-base
Expand discussion of the -D option in e2fsck's man page
Update release notes, version files for 1.40.4 release
libss: Remove unnecessary Makefile dependency for test_ss
debian: Fix all postinst/prerm/postrm scripts to include debhelper
additions
uuidd: Add _GNU_SOURCE #define to pick up setres[ug]id() prototypes
debugfs: Add #include <string.h> to pick up prototype for
strcasecmp
e2image: If there is an error while writing a block, call exit(1)
e2fsck: When optimizing non-htree directories, sort by inode number
debugfs: allow the undel command reallocate without linking the
inode
Fix build failure on non-Linux/non-Hurd/non-Masix systems

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

2008-02-11 04:41:11

by Theodore Ts'o

Most of the maint branch went into the e2fsprogs 1.40.6 release that
happened this weekend.

- Ted

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Eric Sandeen (2):
Fix the pathname of /var/lib/uuidd/uuidd.pid in uuidd man page.
Fix up e2fsprogs.spec file to include a new uuidd package

Pixel (1):
blkid: have ntfs's UUID compatible with vol_id

Theodore Ts'o (41):
Add the Meta directory to the .gitignore file
debian: use '$(MAKE)' instead of 'make' in debian/rules
Fix profile, checker, and shared-library building on non-Linux
platforms
Fix Makefile race so that "make -j3 distclean" works correctly
Use pkg-config to determine where to find the devmapper library
debugfs: Change lsdel to use ext2fs_block_iterate2 it can find
large files
Add sample python bindings for the uuid library
If --sbindir, et. al are specified to configure set $root_sbindir,
et al.
debian: Add "set -e" to postinst scripts
debian: Add passwd dependency to libuuid1 and uuid-runtime
Define helper functions ext2fs_set_i_{u,g}id_high() for MacOS
compatibility
resize2fs: Add sanity check for off_t overflow before truncating
Explicitly check for ftruncate64() in configure.in
Update Swedish translation file from the Translation Project
Add support for the test_fs flag
Teach the blkid library about ext4/ext4dev
Ignore "safe" flag differences when e2fsck compares superblocks
Fix minor typo in resize2fs man page
blkid: Make sure the blocksize in reiserfs is sane
blkid: Add support for HFS+ detection
libuuid: Make sure execl() variadic function is properly terminated
Use lseek() instead of llseek() of sizeof(long) == sizeof(long
long)
e2image: Fix potential overflow if the device name is too long
debian: Don't use dietlibc on platforms that don't support it
Don't build e2fsck statically by default anymore
Create new filesystems with 256-byte inodes by default
Create filesystems with the ext_attr feature by default
Update release notes, version files for 1.40.5 release
debian: Fix packaging problem caused by dpkg 1.14.16
Fix bug in e2fsck which caused it to core dump if
--enable-jbd-debug is used
blkid: Automatically chose between ext4 and ext4dev as appropriate
Allow tune2fs to set and clear the test_fs flag on ext4 filesystems
blkid: Flush cached filesystem information on any error other than
EPERM
Don't try to create $DESTDIR/etc/init.d as part of make install
blkid: Add support for returning labels for UDF filesystems
Update e2fsprogs translation template and Vietnamese and Czech
translations
Document the BLKID_FILE environment variable in the libblkid man
page
libcom_err: Use thread local storage to fix reentrancy problems
Update release notes, version files for 1.40.6 release
Fix incorrect distribution name in Debian's Changelog
Set the C locale in the tests/test_script driver

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Andreas Dilger (1):
mke2fs: Make lost+found always have at least 2 blocks

Theodore Ts'o (1):
debugfs: Add -p option to ls subcommand.

2008-02-11 20:54:36

by Andreas Dilger

On Feb 10, 2008 23:41 -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> Most of the maint branch went into the e2fsprogs 1.40.6 release that
> happened this weekend.

Including the URL of the GIT repo in these messages would be useful.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group

2008-02-19 05:03:49

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Christophe GRENIER (1):
Add portability checks to support DJGPP

Eric Sandeen (1):
print "mostly-printable" xattr strings in debugfs

Theodore Ts'o (9):
Update Czech, Dutch, Polish, Sweedish, and Vietnamese translations
libuuid: use fcntl locking instead of lockf
uuidd: Fix pid file so it has the correct pid number
configure.in: Don't use the dc command unless it is required
Make fsck ignore mounted filesystems if given the -M option
Update to latest samba tdb library before LGPLv3 change
debugfs: Add new superblock fields to the set_super_value command
Add support for setting RAID stride and strip-width via mke2fs and
tune2fs
libe2p: Make list_super2() print the RAID stride and stripe-width

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Theodore Ts'o (1):
libext2: Add BLOCK_FLAG_READ_ONLY flag to ext2fs_block_iterate2()

----
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-02-29 14:29:25

by Theodore Ts'o

There have been enough fixups that I've released e2fsprogs 1.40.7.

- Ted

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Andreas Mohr (1):
Add manpage references to debugfs/tune2fs commands

Eric Sandeen (3):
blkid: detect LVM2 physical volumes
resize2fs: Fix movement of large (greater than 128 byte) inodes
Add regression test for resize2fs moving inodes with inline xattrs

Mike Frysinger (1):
Fix makefile dependency issues for various install targets

Theodore Ts'o (27):
Fix memory leak in ext2fs_alloc_block()
libe2p: Change Raid to RAID in display option
debian: Pass 100 to UID_MIN and GID_MIN, not 1
e2fsck: Document that the -D option finds duplicate file names
libe2p: New e2p_edit_feature2 which provides better error handling
Teach tune2fs to use e2p_edit_feature2() to provide better error
handling
tune2fs: Cleanup feature handling to avoid merge conflicts
tune2fs: Add support to clear the resize_inode feature
Eliminate really obsolete references to Linux 2.0/2.1/2.2 in
tune2fs man page
Fix dumpe2fs parsing of explicit superblock/blocksize parameters
libext2fs: Add EXT2_FLAG_NONFREE_ON_ERROR to ext2fs_open2()
Enhance e2fsck's reporting for reporting unsupported filesystem
features
libblkid: Add error checking to devicemapper code to avoid
segfaults
e2fsck: Don't clear the LARGE_FILES feature flag
Fix gcc -Wall warnings for lib/blkid/probe.c
debugfs: Fix find_free_block to avoid reporting the block more than
once
fsck: Don't complain about an old-style fstab if the fstab is empty
Add support for manipulating large_file feature in mke2fs and
tune2fs
e2fsck: Print an explicit message when the bad block inode is
updated
Improve descriptions for the r_move_itable and r_resize_inode tests
Update mke2fs usage message
tune2fs: Remove support for clearing the SPARSE_SUPER feature
Update e2fsprogs translation template and po/gmo files
Fix up debian copyright files to avoid Lintian errors
debian: Add required ${shlibs:Depends} to libss2's depend header
debian: Avoid adding an empty directory in the uuid-dev package
Update release notes, version files for 1.40.7 release

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Andreas Dilger (3):
Improve support for in-inode EA's
e2fsprogs-tests-f_unsorted_EAs.patch
e2fsprogs-tests-f_ea_checks.patch

Theodore Ts'o (16):
debugfs: Fix error handling in strtoblk() and
common_block_args_process()
Allow debugfs to be extended for use by test programs
Don't byte swap extents information in the inode
e2fsck: factor out code to clear an inode into e2fsck_clear_inode()
Add support for extents to libext2fs
Add read-only extents support to ext2fs_block_iterate2()
Use BLOCK_FLAG_READ_ONLY flag in debugfs, e2image, and tune2fs
Add read/only support for extents to ext2fs_bmap()
e2fsck: Add support for extents
Activate basic f_extents test case
Allow mke2fs to create filesystems with the EXTENTS feature
Add ability to set (but not clear) the extents feature to tune2fs
mke2fs: Remove requirement for -f option for filesystems > 2**31
blocks
mke2fs: Remove 2.4 kernel warning for blocksizes > 4096 bytes
mke2fs: Remove warning for inode_size > 128 bytes
e2fsck: Account for index nodes in the extent tree for i_blocks

Valerie Clement (2):
Add missing free in ext2fs_extent_free()
Add missing shift for ei_leaf_hi

----
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-02-29 16:19:30

by Eric Sandeen

Theodore Tso wrote:
> There have been enough fixups that I've released e2fsprogs 1.40.7.

Looks like git still needs a tag?

-Eric

2008-02-29 16:36:03

by Theodore Ts'o

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:19:05AM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Theodore Tso wrote:
> > There have been enough fixups that I've released e2fsprogs 1.40.7.
> >

> Looks like git still needs a tag?

Yep, I forgot to add --tags to the "git push". Fixed now.

- Ted

2008-03-13 18:05:17

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' (and 'master') branch has these fixes since the last
announcement

Benno Schulenberg (1):
po: update nl.po (from translationproject.org)

Clytie Siddall (1):
po: update vi.po (from translationproject.org)

G?ran Uddeborg (1):
po: update sv.po (from translationproject.org)

Jakub Bogusz (1):
po: update pl.po (from translationproject.org)

Petr Pisar (1):
po: update cs.po (from translationproject.org)

Theodore Ts'o (9):
Fix mke2fs man page regarding 128-byte default inode size
blkid: Fix portability problem caused by using uint instead of
unsigned int
resize2fs: Fix resizing filesystems with large inodes
e2fsck: Fix obvious typo in an "internal error" message
e2fsck: Handle a pass 2 "should never happen" error gracefully
libext2fs: Add ext2fs_dblist_get_last() and
ext2fs_dblist_drop_last()
e2fsck: Fix directory i_size handling
e2image: Use open64() so that "e2image -I" works on image files >
2GB
e2fsck: Use "Clear Htree" instead of "Clear" when the Htree is
corrupt

----
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-03-20 20:22:47

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Eric Sandeen (1):
Fix ext2fs_swap_inode_full() for in-inode xattrs on big-endian
machines

Matthias Koenig (1):
uuidd: Fix issues identified by SuSE's security team

Philipp Thomas (2):
po: update de.po (from translationproject.org)
po: update de.po (from translationproject.org)

Theodore Ts'o (7):
Don't fail the "make install" if the info files have not been built
Update release notes, version files for 1.40.8 release
debian: Remove preinstall script which is no longer necessary
Update release notes and debian changelog for 1.40.8-2 release
ext2_fs.h: Rename EXT4_ORPHAN_FS to be EXT3_ORPHAN_FS
Change valgrind options in test_script to conform with valgrind
3.2.3
debugfs: Don't use a pager if stdout is not a tty

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Andreas Dilger (1):
Add support for the DIR_NLINK feature.

Jose R. Santos (3):
Add 64-bit IO manager operations to struct_io_manager.
Add {read,write}_blk64 to unix_io.c
Add {read,write}_blk64 to inode_io.c

Josef Bacik (1):
resize2fs: Add options to print (and resizing to) the minimum
filesystem size

Theodore Ts'o (6):
e2fsck: Support long symlinks which use extents
e2fsck: Check for fast symlinks that have EXTENTS_FL set
libext2fs: Fix ext2fs_extent_delete() to always point at a valid
entry
libext2fs: Fix fencepost error in ext2fs_extent_insert()
libext2fs: Make icount use a 32-bit counter
Fix miscellaneous gcc -Wall warnings

----
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-04-02 00:06:32

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Andreas Dilger (1):
Use -E instead of the deprecated -R option in the mke2fs man page

Michael Spang (1):
debian: Use UID/GID ranges from adduser.conf, if present

Theodore Ts'o (9):
debugfs, tune2fs: Handle daylight savings time when parsing a time
string
mke2fs: Clarify man page that -T is interpreted using the current
timezone
fsck: Fix -C handling so that subsequent progress bars are enabled
e2fsck: Support a negative argument to -C to suppress progress
information
fsck: Make -Cn work correctly where n != 0
fsck: Treat "ext4" and "ext4dev" as ext* filesystems
e2fsck: Include the device name in the progress information
logsave: Pass any SIGTERM or SIGINT signals to child process
e2fsck: Avoid core dump when using the -N option

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Andreas Dilger (2):
Improve ext4 feature descriptions in mke2fs and tune2fs man pages
Fix the copyright notice in lib/ext2fs/tst_csum.c to be GPLv2 only

Eric Sandeen (3):
Fix ext2fs_extent_get for uninit leaf extents
libext2fs: Fix byte-swap logic for i_block[] in inodes with extents
Fix parallel builds for lib/ext2fs/extent.o

Jose R. Santos (11):
Add initial checksum support for the gdt_checksum/uninit_group
feature
Add uninit block group support to various libext2fs functions
Rename feature name from gdt_checksum to uninit_groups
Add support for creating filesystems using uninit block group
Make tune2fs uninit block group aware
Make dumpe2fs uninit block group aware
Make resize2fs uninit block group aware
Make debugfs uninit block group aware
Make e2fsck uninit block group aware
Add new m_lazy test case
Add m_uninit test case

Theodore Ts'o (2):
e2fsck: Don't object to extents flags on deleted fast symlinks
Add new test case to check e2fsck's response to fast symlinks w/
EXTENTS_FL

----
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-04-07 16:55:09

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Benno Schulenberg (1):
po: update nl.po (from translationproject.org)

Clytie Siddall (1):
po: update vi.po (from translationproject.org)

Matthias Koenig (1):
e2fsck: avoid double free of ctx->filesystem_name

Samuel Thibault (1):
po: update fr.po (from translationproject.org)

Theodore Ts'o (3):
Remove bashism from configure script
libext2fs: Fix resize inode creation with non-standard
s_first_data_block
Fix m_no_opt regression test

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Andreas Dilger (8):
debugfs: Add support for "set_block_group <bg_num> checksum calc"
ext2fs_set_gdt_csum(): Clean up superblock dirty flag handling
ext2fs_set_gdt_csum(): Force the last block group to have a valid
block bitmap
ext2fs_set_gdt_csum(): Return an error code on errors instead of
void
libext2fs: Micro-optimization in inode scan code
Split the m_lazy test case into two cases: m_lazy and m_lazy_resize
e2fsck: Add check to enforce a valid block bitmap in last block
group
Add new regression test: f_uninit_last_uninit

Eric Sandeen (2):
e2fsck: Fix extent flag validity tests in pass1 on big endian
boxes.
Fix a couple of implicit function declarations

Theodore Ts'o (6):
Fix trailing whitespace in e2fsck/problem.[ch]
dumpe2fs: Print the group checksum and the block options in a nicer
way
libext2fs: Make all test programs link only against the static
library
Add dependency rule so that static library when necessary for "make
check"
libext2fs: Fix big-endian bug in tst_csum.c
New mke2fs filesystem and usage types support

----
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-04-18 19:03:23

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Benno Schulenberg (1):
po: update nl.po (from translationproject.org)

Clytie Siddall (1):
po: update vi.po (from translationproject.org)

G?ran Uddeborg (1):
po: update sv.po (from translationproject.org)

Jakub Bogusz (1):
po: update pl.po (from translationproject.org)

Matthias Koenig (1):
e2fsck: avoid double free of ctx->filesystem_name

Petr Pisar (1):
po: update cs.po (from translationproject.org)

Philipp Thomas (1):
po: update de.po (from translationproject.org)

Samuel Thibault (2):
po: update fr.po (from translationproject.org)
po: update fr.po (from translationproject.org)

Theodore Ts'o (4):
Remove bashism from configure script
libext2fs: Fix resize inode creation with non-standard
s_first_data_block
Fix m_no_opt regression test
Fix non-POSIX ">&" in the Makefile for lib/ss's "make check" rule

[...]

2008-04-21 19:44:16

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Eric Sandeen (5):
print a bit more info for the tst_extents info command
Fix ext2fs_extent_insert when at last extent in node
Make extent_goto() deterministic when logical block not found
e2fsck: Only check PR_1_EXTENT_ENDS_BEYOND for leaf nodes
blkid: more sanity checks for swap v1

Theodore Ts'o (5):
Add support for the HUGE_FILE feature
Fix tst_extents build when building w/o dynamic libraries
Rename the feature uninit_groups to uninit_bg
Change the primary name of the extents feature to be 'extent'
mke2fs: Disentangle lazy_bg from uninit_bg's lazy inode table
initialization

----
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-04-28 02:53:04

by Theodore Ts'o

I've cut a release of e2fsprogs 1.41-WIP-0427, as a tarball, just so
that people have something outside of git that they can play with.

I made a lot of changes to the undo manager before finally merging it,
including rename undoe2fs to e2undo, and speeding it up substantially.
It is now roughly 4 times faster than before when we force the
creation of an undo file while running mke2fs on a filesystem with a
journal file enabled.

We still have some cleanup work to do, which is being kept up to date here;

http://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/E2fsprogs_features_and_patches

- Ted

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Makoto Dei (1):
fsck does not accept 'j' with German locale

Manish Katiyar (1):
Fix "make docs" rule in Makefile for doc folder.

Theodore Ts'o (6):
blkid: Keep cached filesystem information on EACCES and ENOENT
errors
libext2fs.texinfo: Fix @deftypefun definitions so they are all on
one line
Update texinfo.tex file newer version from the FSF
mke2fs: Don't allow the combination of the meta_bg and resize_inode
features
Update release notes and debian changelog for 1.40.9 release
debian: The doc-base section should be Programming, not
Apps/Programming

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Aneesh Kumar K.V (6):
libext2fs: Add undo I/O manager
Add e2undo command
mke2fs: Add support for the undo I/O manager.
tune2fs: Support for large inode migration.
Fix the resize inode test case
Add test cases for undoe2fs: u_undoe2fs_mke2fs and
u_undoe2fs_tune2fs

Theodore Ts'o (15):
libext2fs: Initialize s_min_extra_isize and s_wanted_extra_isize
libe2p: Print the s_min_extra_isize and s_wanted_extra_isize fields
ext2fs_set_gdt_csum: Remove bogus setting of ITABLE_ZEROED
ext2fs_set_gdt_csum: Remove setting of BLOCK_UNINIT
e2fsck: Fix pass5 handling of meta_bg and uninit_bg combination
Add comments documenting ext2fs_[reserve_]super_and_bgd_loc()
Remove LAZY_BG feature
Transfer responsibility of setting the *_UNINIT flags to libext2fs
mke2fs/libext2fs: Fix lazy inode table initialization
ext2fs_open_inode_scan: Handle an non-zero bg_itable_used in block
group 0
Basic flexible block group support
mke2fs: New bitmap and inode table allocation for FLEX_BG
mke2fs: Make argument to the extended option lazy_itable_init
optional
ext2fs_add_journal_inode: Optimize writing the journal data blocks
Update version.h and README for 1.41-WIP-0427 release

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-05-24 23:49:12

by Theodore Ts'o

The maint branch has been updated for 1.40.10 e2fsprogs release.

The master branch is proceeding towards a 1.41 release; there are only
a few more topics which are cooking (see the topic's message) before
we should be ready for 1.41.

- Ted

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Benno Schulenberg (1):
po: update nl.po (from translationproject.org)

Clytie Siddall (1):
po: update vi.po (from translationproject.org)

G?ran Uddeborg (1):
po: update sv.po (from translationproject.org)

Maciej W. Rozycki (1):
Remove default sizeof sizes in configure script when
cross-compiling

Matthias Koenig (1):
libuuid: don't use unitialized variable

Philipp Thomas (1):
po: update de.po (from translationproject.org)

Theodore Ts'o (4):
Fix German translation bug (y,n) -> (j,n)
e2fsck: Fix potential data corruptor bug in journal recovery
blkid: If the device mtime is newer that the cache time, force a
revalidation
Update release notes and debian changelog for 1.40.10 release

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Eric Sandeen (2):
- fix swap sanity tests in blkid, and blkid tests
fix extent_goto for non-0 leaf levels

Theodore Ts'o (8):
Fix parallel build problem
mke2fs: Add the ability to configure default extended options in
mke2fs.conf
Add ext4dev stanza to mke2fs.conf
Install {mkfs,fsck}.{ext4,ext4dev} binary and man pages
ext2fs.h: Add l_i_file_acl_high and l_version_hi to on-disk inode
structure
debugfs: Print the nanosecond field and i_version field of an inode
Fix m_large_file and r_inline_xattr tests to match with recent
changes
Add 64-bit support to the test_io manager

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-06-03 02:40:12

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Benno Schulenberg (1):
po: update es.po (from translationproject.org)

Ricardo M. Correia (1):
Add ZFS detection to libblkid

Theodore Ts'o (2):
debian: Improve e2fsprogs package description
debian: Improve uuid-runtime package description

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Theodore Ts'o (5):
Remove bashism in test script for libblkid
e2fsck: Don't skip an extent after deleting an invalid extent
e2fsck: Don't double count an extent after deleting the last extent
ext2fs_extent_replace: Support uninit extents and check validity of
e_len
ext2fs_extent_open: If the inode is empty, initialize the extent
tree

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-06-08 02:41:09

by Theodore Ts'o

The current blocker for a 1.41 release is resize2fs support for
uninit_bg, and apparently on-line resizing for ext4 is currently
broken. The ext4 resize ioctls are wired up in the latest git
repository, but it looks like there may be some breakages in the
kernel side code. For sure it doesn't support flex_bg, and apparently
there are some problems with a simple filesystem with only the extents
feature enabled.

At this point full extents support and journal checksum support is in
the "master" branch. The "pu" branch is currently empty except for
some staged 64-bit patches (which aren't highly critical for 1.41; as
they are cleaned up, I'll merge them in, but right now getting the
last bits of functionality for 1.41 is highest priority.)

- Ted

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Theodore Ts'o (2):
Fix ext2fs_swap{16,32,64} for external applications on big-endian
machines
fsck: Fix build problem on MacOS X

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Aneesh Kumar K.V (1):
libext2fs: Fix build failure on powerpc in ext2fs_swap_inode_full()

Eric Sandeen (4):
libext2fs: Teach extent.c how to split nodes
Teach ext2fs_extent_insert() to split the current node if necessary
libext2fs: add new function ext2fs_extent_set_bmap()
Teach ext2fs_extent_delete() to remove an empty extent node from
the tree

Theodore Ts'o (22):
Wire ext2fs_block_iterate2() to use ext2fs_extent_set_bmap()
Wire ext2fs_bmap2() to use ext2fs_extent_set_bmap()
libext2fs: Add callback functions for _alloc_block() and
_block_alloc_stats()
e2fsck: Wire up callback functions for _alloc_block() and
_block_alloc_stats()
e2fsck: Detect unordered extents in an extent node
f_extents2: Add new test case testing e2fsck's support for extents
Re-enable byte-swapping functions for use by journal checksums
Add CRC32 (big-endian) routine for use by journal checksums
e2fsck: Add support to check journal checksums
Fix gcc -Wall warnings in e2fsck
Fix gcc -Wall warnings in tune2fs
Fix gcc -Wall warnings in resize2fs
Fix gcc -Wall warnings in libuuid
Fix gcc -Wall warnings in libext2fs
Update Makefile dependencies for lib/ext2fs
e2fsck: Add better explanatory message when s_lastcheck is in the
future
resize2fs: Add support to use the ext4 online resize ioctl's
Fix dependency for $(LIBSS) when an explicit dlopen() library is
needed
Add "#include <limits.h>" to get PATH_MAX for mke2fs and tune2fs
e2undo: Enable missing pieces to enable I18N for this application
Fix LIBSS dependency problem for tests/test_icount and
lib/ss/test_ss
Update tests to reflect undoe2fs -> e2undo rename

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-06-17 12:05:12

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

David Planella Molas (1):
po: update ca.po (from translationproject.org)

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Iustin Pop (3):
badblocks: add a max bad blocks count option
badblocks: fix a possible bug in parse_uint
badblocks: implement read throttling

Theodore Ts'o (4):
resize2fs: Fix support for the uninit_bg feature
ext2fs_zero_blocks: Avoid clearing more blocks than requested
resize2fs: Prohibit the combination of flex_bg and !resize_inode
Update version.h for 1.41-WIP-0617 snapshot release

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-07-07 21:35:30

by Theodore Ts'o

I've just released e2fsprogs 1.41-WIP-0707, which should be considered
a release candidate release. So please test it!! It is available in
the usual places. The "master" head of the git repository, at
sourceforge or at ftp.kernel.org (as soon as gets pushed out to the
mirrors, in /pub/linux/kernel/people/tytso/e2fsprogs-interim).

- Ted

* The 'maint' branch has these fixes since the last announcement.

Theodore Ts'o (4):
libblkid: Fix marginal C code in probe_lvm2()
mke2fs, tune2fs, resize2fs: Use floating point to calculate
percentages
Clarify the debugfs man page regarding the default superblock
Update release notes, changelog, and other files for v1.40.11
release

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Benno Schulenberg (2):
po: update es.po (from translationproject.org)
po: update nl.po (from translationproject.org)

Clytie Siddall (1):
po: update vi.po (from translationproject.org)

David Planella Molas (1):
po: update ca.po (from translationproject.org)

Eric Sandeen (5):
Add e2undo files to the RPM specfile template
blkid: fix swap tests (again)
blkid: use list_for_each_safe in garbage collection
Clean up some trivial build warnings
e2fsck: Fix i_size checking for large extent-based files

Iustin Pop (1):
badblocks: fix a bug in the read throttling

Jakub Bogusz (1):
po: update pl.po (from translationproject.org)

Petr Pisar (1):
po: update cs.po (from translationproject.org)

Philipp Thomas (1):
po: update de.po (from translationproject.org)

Ricardo M. Correia (1):
Add ZFS test image to blkid test suite

Samuel Thibault (1):
po: update fr.po (from translationproject.org)

Theodore Ts'o (19):
Update release notes for debian experimental package
Update e2fsprogs.pot and POTFILES.in
Add a reference to e2fsck.conf(5) to the e2fsck man page
Fix "make check" in e2fsck subdirectory to use the in-tree com_err
library
blkid: Fix cc portability problem in probe_lvm2()
debian: parse /etc/adduser.conf file manually
libext2fs: Don't include ss/ss.h except when debugging
blkid: Make sure a device returned by blkid_find_dev_with_tag
exists
blkid: Eliminate stale entries that duplicate a verified device
badblocks: Fix crash when lots of -t patterns given
mke2fs: Use a fs_type of 'journal' when creating an external
journal
mke2fs: Print a better error msg when ext2fs_get_device_size()
returns EFBIG
Treat build.static as an ingored file in the source directory
debian: Add dbg packages which contain the stripped out debuging
symbols
debian: Create debian release tarball to obey new WIP naming
convention
libext2fs: Fix FLEX_BG offset used by ext2fs_allocate_group_table
debian: Update debian policy compliance to 3.8.0.0
Add build.static to util/subset.exclude as well.
Update release notes for e2fsprogs 1.41-WIP-0707 release.

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-07-10 22:02:38

by Theodore Ts'o

Subject: What's in e2fsprogs.git (stable) -- E2fsprogs 1.41.0 released!

At long last, e2fsprogs 1.41.0 has been let loose on the world! This
is the first stable/production version of e2fsprogs with ext4 support.

- Ted

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement
in addition to the above.

Andreas Dilger (1):
blkid: Make regression test tolerate older versions of mkswap

Theodore Ts'o (13):
debian: Add bash-static to the list of shells recommended for
e2fsck-static
Add a comment in INSTALL regarding --disable-tls on older systems
mke2fs: Dumb down filesystems for GNU Hurd
Fix incorrect definition of stripe-width in mke2fs man page
badblocks: Use standard terminology for first/last block
Don't use thread local storage if using diet libc
mke2fs,tune2fs: Enable huge_file, dir_nlink, and extra_isize
features
resize2fs: Clean up the resize inode properly if necessary
Update release checklist to include reminder to update translation
Make ext2fs_check_desc() more stringent to force use of backup
superbocks
Update e2fsprogs.pot I18N translation template file
Update dependencies in the Makefile for lib/ext2fs
Update release notes, changelog, etc., for e2fsprogs 1.41 release

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-08-23 16:51:29

by Theodore Ts'o

I'm about to do an e2fsprogs 1.41.1 release, and so I've just pushed
out a debian unstable release for some guinea pig testing, especially
since there have been quite a large number of bug fixes since
e2fsprogs 1.41.0.

If there is anything bug fixes or other changes that you think should
especially be included in e2fsprogs 1.41.1, please let me know.

My expectation is after 1.41.1 release, 'master' will fork off from
'maint', as we start adding new features such as 64-bit block number
support.

- Ted

* The 'maint' and 'master' branches have these fixes since the last
announcement.

Aneesh Kumar K.V (1):
e2fsprogs: Fix tst_extents output on bigendian machine.

Benno Schulenberg (9):
e2undo, tune2fs: Report the correct name for the undo program.
badblocks: Insert a missing "\n" in the usage string.
partinfo: Print clearer error messages.
tune2fs: Delete a stray word from a comment.
po: update nl.po (from translationproject.org)
mke2fs: Fix several typos in the man page.
blkid: On the man page, show option arguments in the descriptions.
libblkid: On the man page, replace empty references with an existing one.
po: update nl.po (from translationproject.org)

Clytie Siddall (1):
po: update vi.po (from translationproject.org)

Frederic Bohe (1):
Fix inode table allocation with flexbg

G?ran Uddeborg (1):
po: update sv.po (from translationproject.org)

Li Zefan (1):
Fix a typo in lib/e2p/Makefile.in

Manish Katiyar (7):
libext2fs: fix potential memory leak in ext2fs_initialize()
libext2fs: Add stricter/earlier tests for blocksize in ext2fs_open()
ext2fs_read_inode: Check the validity of the inode number earlier
libext2fs : Fix typo in function names in libext2fs.texinfo
libext2fs : Fix memory leaks in ext2fs_extent_open()
ext2ed: Remove masix support
libext2fs: Fix memory leak in ext2fs_initialize().

Petr Pisar (2):
po: update cs.po (from translationproject.org)
po: update cs.po (from translationproject.org)

Philipp Thomas (2):
po: update de.po (from translationproject.org)
po: update de.po (from translationproject.org)

Theodore Ts'o (62):
blkid: Add new option -L which pretty-prints the device list
Fix Solaris shell script portability issues
e2fsck: Change kmem_cache_t to lkmem_cache_t for Solaris
Only use __builtin_expect if __GNUC__ > 3
Use K&R style comments instead of C99 comments for portability
Remove vararg macro which causes portability problems from ext3_extent.h
Remove gcc-specific varargs macro in extent.c
Define _XOPEN_SOURCE to 600 consistently for Solaris C99 support
Flush stdio buffers before calling setbuf()
e2fsck: Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running "make check" programs
e2undo: Don't use __FUNCTION__ for portability reasons
badblocks: If nanosleep() does not exist, try using usleep() instead
libext2fs: Don't check the group checksum when !GDT_CSUM
libblkid: Make sure we never reference a null dev->bid_type
Add debian changelog for 1.41.0-2 release
debian: Update section and priority of -dbg packages to match override file
Don't assume that /bin/true is always in /bin
blkid: Fix portability issue if TIOCGSIZE and TIOCGWINSZ are present
Disable %.sh -> % GNU make rule in the top-level Makefile
Add an tune2fs.static target in misc/Makefile.in
debian: Fix FTBFS problem on mips
debian: Update changelog for 1.40.0-3 release
debian: Fix minor typo in uuid-runtime's package description
debian: wrap copyright files to avoid "line too long" lintian warnings
Add more intelligent handling of the mke2fs.conf installation process
po: update nl.po (from translationproject.org)
po: update pl.po (from translationproject.org)
po: update fr.po (from translationproject.org)
Fix missing space typo's in partinfo and resize2fs
Fix cross compilation issues in e2fsck/gen_crc32table
mke2fs: Fix enforcement of no features for revision 0 filesystems
partinfo: Fix usage message
mke2fs/tune2fs: Fix max journal size in message to be consistent/correct
tune2fs: Improve the error messages for tune2fs -I
debugfs: Fix htree command so it works with extent-based directories
blkid: Fix probing logic so we find renamed devices
e2fsck: Fix check to see if an extent-based file is fragmented
e2fsck: Fix signed/unsigned error in fragcheck report for indirect blocks
e2fsck: Fix ind/dind/tind statistics and add extent depth statistics
libext2fs: Initialize unset inode timestamps when writing a new inode
e2fsck: Fix max size calculation for extent files
e2fsck: fix spurious complaints about i_size caused by preallocated blocks
resize2fs: Fix double bumping of directory in-use counts
libext2fs: Fix reading bitmaps from e2image files
Fix ext2fs_extent_set_bmap() when setting a block before the first extent
ext2fs_extent_set_bmap(): fix bug when replacing a single block extent
ext2fs_extent_set_bmap(): Avoid creating extra extents for resize2fs
ext2fs_block_iterate2(): Support changing interior nodes of an extent tree
libext2fs: Add support for uninit_bg feature to allocation functions
resize2fs: Fix support for filesystems with the uninit_bg feature
resize2fs: supply block allocator for extents function
po: Add Indonesian translation from the Translation Project
resize2fs: Make sure we close out the progress bar in pass #4
libext2fs: Replace use of sprintf with strcpy/strcat to help SILO
configure.in: use AC_MSG_{RESULT,WARN,ERROR} instead of echo
libuuid: Windows portability fixes
configure.in: Respect LDFLAGS environment variable if passed into configure
libblkid: Fix potential crash if blkid cache is out of date when probing
libblkid: Enhance support for MacOS's hfs, hfsplus, and hfsx filesystems
e2fsck: Portability fix: Use WORDS_BIGENDIAN instead of __LITTLE_ENDIAN
mke2fs: Issue a warning if the mke2fs.conf file wasn't updated
Interim update of the debian/changelog and the release notes

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-08-28 03:37:56

by Theodore Ts'o

* The 'maint' and 'master' branches have these fixes since the last
announcement.

Andreas Dilger (8):
e2fsck_write_bitmaps() optimization
Document the extent and huge file flags in the chattr.1.in man page
Fix miscellaneous compile warnings
e2fsck: Change comments in problem array to match what is printed
libext2fs: grow dblist more aggressively
allow integrating the "make rpm" command into a build system
add debugfs command to print known features
fix e2fsck error message for bad htree depth

Manish Katiyar (2):
debugfs: Close the file handle and return in case of errors
debugfs: Print the progname instead of argv[0] in error message

Theodore Ts'o (29):
libblkid: Fix false detection of DFSee created filesystems.
libblkid: Strengthen the JFS probe routine
debian: Add debian/watch file
Fix mke2fs man page to escape all minus signs
debian: Remove e2fsck-static.lintian-overrides
debian: add libuuid1.lintian-overrides
debian: Add uuid-runtime.lintian-overrides
Remove trailing space from the description of the r_move_itable
test
libext2fs: Fix namespace leakage of crc16 functions
libe2p: Fix namespace leakage of os_tab
libblkid: Fix namespace leakage of unicode_16be_to_utf8
debian: Add dpkg-gensymbols support to track ABI changes to the
libraries
Add support for with empty directory blocks in 64k blocksize
filesystems
libblkid: Optimize devicemapper support
Remove use of devmapper library by the blkid library
libblkid: Unexport the private symbol blkid_devdirs
libblkid: Give a priority bonus to "leaf" devicemapper devices
ext2fs_mkjournal(): Don't allocate an extra block to the journal
Create the journal in the middle of the filesystem
ext2fs_block_iterate2: Add BLOCK_FLAG_APPEND support for
extent-based files
If the filesystem supports extents create an extent-based journal
inode
ext2fs_block_iterate2: Fix memory leak on error paths
libext2fs: Fix ext2fs_bmap() to work with extents and BMAP_ALLOC
debugfs: Use extents when writing a file if the filesystem supports
them
Build lib/ext2fs/ext2_err.h early to avoid parallel build problems
Update @-expansion script for the I18N translation template
Improve future compatibility for the 64-bit I/O channel functions
Remove trailing whitespace for the entire source tree
Update e2fsprogs.pot translation template file

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-09-01 20:57:30

by Theodore Ts'o

I have released e2fsprogs 1.41.1. It has a lot of fixes to support
ext4 and extents, and anyone who wishes to experiment with the ext4
fileystem is strongly urged to upgrade to e2fsprogs 1.41. There are
lots of fixes for ext3 filesystem users as well, of course.

The 'master' branch will be opening up with new development features
shortly. New features that are expected for the 1.42 release include:

* 64-bit block number support
* Userspace tools for ext4's on-line defragmentation patches
(not yet merged into mainline, but in the ext4 patch queue
for a whilenow)
* Support for FIEMAP interface (kernel patches also not yet in mainline,
but Real Soon Now, I hope!)
* e2scan and possibly other useful utility programs from the Lustre
patches
* Other good stuff which comes up for merging!

- Ted

* The 'maint' and 'master' branches have these fixes since the last
announcement.

Philipp Thomas (1):
po: update de.po (from translationproject.org)

Theodore Ts'o (16):
Fix breakage caused by commit da17e370 (missing dependency in
Makefile)
debian: Change symbols files to only use uptream versions numbers
Further optimize journal placement for flex_bg filesystems
resize2fs: Allow (non-optimal) on-line resizing for flex_bg filesystems
tune2fs, mke2fs: Change default directory hash algorithm to half_md4
debian: Fix postinstall scripts when the user/group is in LDAP
tune2fs: Add support for setting the default hash algorithm for htree
mke2fs: Allow the default hash algorithm in mke2fs.conf
Update makefile dependency for lib/e2p/Makefile.in
Update e2fsprogs.pot translation template
libe2p: Fix potential core-dumping bug in iterate_on_dir()
Only use the test_io manager if the right environment variables are set
Fix debug flag definitions for the resize2fs man page
Enable test_io debugging by default
filefrag: Fix calculation of ideal number of extents
Update release notes, changelog, etc., for e2fsprogs 1.41.1 release

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-10-02 13:41:41

by Theodore Ts'o

I have released e2fsprogs 1.41.2. It has a number of fixes over
1.41.1. Distributions that are contemplating releasing e2fsprogs
1.41.x are strongly recommended to use e2fsprogs 1.41.2. At the very
least, commit 52771ab5 should be cherry-picked, as it fixes a
regression from e2fsprogs 1.40.7 which stops "e2fsck -b 32768 /dev/XXX"
from working.

- Ted

* The 'maint' and 'master' branch have these fixes since the last announcement.

Arif E. Nugroho (1):
po: update id.po (from translationproject.org)

Benno Schulenberg (1):
po: update nl.po (from translationproject.org)

Clytie Siddall (1):
po: update vi.po (from translationproject.org)

G?ran Uddeborg (1):
po: update sv.po (from translationproject.org)

Jakub Bogusz (1):
po: update pl.po (from translationproject.org)

Manish Katiyar (4):
debugfs: Fix memory leak in do_ncheck()'s error path
badblocks: Display time and percentage complete in verbose mode.
resize2fs: Fix potential memory corruption in
ext2fs_progress_init()
debugfs: Make the usage messsage of logdump consistent with man
page

Matthias Andree (2):
Print size of resulting .tar.gz file.
Unbreak build if directory renamed from e2fsprogs.

Petr Pisar (1):
po: update cs.po (from translationproject.org)

Philipp Thomas (1):
po: update de.po (from translationproject.org)

Samuel Thibault (1):
po: update fr.po (from translationproject.org)

Theodore Ts'o (29):
Fix e2fsprogs-libs build failure due to 'subs' target
badblocks: Open the device with O_LARGEFILE
libext2fs: Remove unused ext2fs_find_{first,ext}_bit_set()
libext2fs: Compile ext2fs_swab64() for all platforms
Update debian/changefile for 1.41.1-2 debian release
Fix pkg-config files: use Requires.private and fix the include
directory
Fix bold font specifer in mke2fs.8 man page
Improve ELF shared library handling
Fix e2initrd_helper, blkid, and fsck from linking with unneeded
libraries
debian: Fix dependencies field in the udeb packages
debian: Reorder rules to build udebs to avoid Lintian warning
Add more historical information into the debian/*.symbols files
Update debian/changefile for 1.41.1-3 debian release
e2fsck: Don't print the PO header when printing problems with
PROMPT_NULL
Install with relative symlinks if $(root_libdir) == $(libdir)
Fix various spelling mistakes in various man pages
libext2fs.texinfo: Add documentation for the file I/O functions
e2fsck: Fix e2fsck automatic blocksize detetion
debugfs: Add the ability to specify the hash seed to the "hash"
command
Fix compiling under diet libc
debian: Use dietlibc when possible for building e2fsck.static
libcom_err: Use sem_post/sem_init to prevent race conditions
debugfs: Fix ncheck to print all pathnames for the inodes
badblocks: Fix progress output for "badblocks -sw /dev/XXX"
Fix spelling mistake in e2fsck man page
libcom_err: Fix file descriptor leak after an exec
mke2fs.8: Add an explanation of how the -t and -O options interact
libcom_err: Add missing type declarations to clean up -Wall
warnings
Update release notes, changelog, etc., for e2fsprogs 1.41.2 release

------
URL's for the e2fsprogs repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/ext2/e2fsprogs.git

2008-10-13 04:09:30

by Theodore Ts'o

I've just released e2fsprogs 1.41.3 to fix a few more bug fixes, and
to smooth the transition from ext4dev to ext4, which will occur in
2.6.28. Distributions that are contemplating releasing e2fsprogs
1.41.x are strongly recommended to use e2fsprogs 1.41.3.

* The 'maint' and 'master' branches have these fixes since the last
announcement:

Eric Sandeen (4):
e2fsprogs: fix blkid detection of ext4dev as ext4
unix_io: check for read-only devices when opening R/W
resize2fs: check for bogus new_size
e2fsck: exit from preenhalt if IO errors were encountered

Theodore Ts'o (8):
Update Makefile depend information for crc16.o
Fix parallel build problem with util/subst
debugfs: Fix ncheck when printing pathnames for multiple hardlinks
in a directory
libblkid: Fix file descriptor leak when checking for a module
e2fsck: Print the correct inode number for uninit-bg related
problem reports
e2fsck: Offer to clear the test_fs flag if ext4 is available
Update e2fsprogs translation template file
Update release notes, changelog, etc., for e2fsprogs 1.41.3 release

------