2008-11-06 23:06:18

by Theodore Ts'o

Subject: [GIT PULL] ext4 fixes

Hi Linus,

Please pull from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git for_linus

to grab some bug fixes and regressions for ext4. Thanks!!

- Ted

Aneesh Kumar K.V (2):
ext4: fix missing ext4_unlock_group in error path
ext4: Convert to host order before using the values.

Sami Liedes (1):
jbd2: deregister proc on failure in jbd2_journal_init_inode

Theodore Ts'o (4):
jbd: don't give up looking for space so easily in __log_wait_for_space
jbd2: don't give up looking for space so easily in __jbd2_log_wait_for_space
ext4: wait on all pending commits in ext4_sync_fs()
ext4: calculate journal credits correctly

fs/ext4/inode.c | 5 +++--
fs/ext4/mballoc.c | 1 +
fs/ext4/super.c | 24 ++++++++++--------------
fs/jbd/checkpoint.c | 31 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
fs/jbd2/checkpoint.c | 32 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
fs/jbd2/journal.c | 2 ++

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] ext4 fixes

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> Please pull from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git for_linus
>
> to grab some bug fixes and regressions for ext4. Thanks!!

Nothing there. Forgot to push out?

The mirroring does seem to be slow today, but I checked master, and it's
not there either.

Linus

2008-11-07 03:33:18

by Theodore Ts'o

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 04:47:47PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> >
> > Please pull from:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git for_linus
> >
> > to grab some bug fixes and regressions for ext4. Thanks!!
>
> Nothing there. Forgot to push out?

Whoops, sorry. Just pushed to master.

- Ted

2008-11-07 14:34:43

by Theodore Ts'o

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 10:33:15PM -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:

> > Nothing there. Forgot to push out?
>
> Whoops, sorry. Just pushed to master.

I see you haven't pulled from it the ext4 tree yet. In the meantime,
two more bug fixes, one which fixes a rather nasty mmap corruption bug
in low memory situations have come in, so I've updated the repository
to include two more patches. So for_linus has two more patches than
it does previously.

If you've already pulled from the for_linus branch, by the time read
this, please pull again to get the two commits marked with an '*':

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git for_linus

- Ted

Aneesh Kumar K.V (3):
ext4: fix missing ext4_unlock_group in error path
ext4: Convert to host order before using the values.
* ext4: Mark the buffer_heads as dirty and uptodate after prepare_write

Frederic Bohe (1):
* ext4: add checksum calculation when clearing UNINIT flag in ext4_new_inode

Sami Liedes (1):
jbd2: deregister proc on failure in jbd2_journal_init_inode

Theodore Ts'o (4):
jbd: don't give up looking for space so easily in __log_wait_for_space
jbd2: don't give up looking for space so easily in __jbd2_log_wait_for_space
ext4: wait on all pending commits in ext4_sync_fs()
ext4: calculate journal credits correctly

fs/ext4/ialloc.c | 2 ++
fs/ext4/inode.c | 7 +++++--
fs/ext4/mballoc.c | 1 +
fs/jbd2/journal.c | 2 ++