2008-06-16 17:29:52

by Gary Hawco

Subject: ext4 patched linux-2.6.26-rc6 kernel crashes

Good morning,

I can't seem to get my linux kernel 2.6.26-rc6 patched with the latest
ext4-patch-queue to boot.

The patches apply fine and the kernel compiles fine. I used my .config from
-rc5 kernel which will boot fine.

This "oops" occurs in both Gentoo and Slackware 12.1. It seems to happen at
about the point when the operating systems are autoloading modules.

I am unable to take a screen shot to assist, so I was wondering if someone
could try the new kernel with the latest patches? The source is the latest
linux-2.6.26-rc6.tar.bz2 so I am sure it's fine.

Thanks again,
Gary Hawco

2008-06-16 17:45:02

by Aneesh Kumar K.V

Subject: Re: ext4 patched linux-2.6.26-rc6 kernel crashes

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:29:47AM +0000, Gary Hawco wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I can't seem to get my linux kernel 2.6.26-rc6 patched with the latest
> ext4-patch-queue to boot.
>
> The patches apply fine and the kernel compiles fine. I used my .config from
> -rc5 kernel which will boot fine.
>
> This "oops" occurs in both Gentoo and Slackware 12.1. It seems to happen at
> about the point when the operating systems are autoloading modules.
>
> I am unable to take a screen shot to assist, so I was wondering if someone
> could try the new kernel with the latest patches? The source is the latest
> linux-2.6.26-rc6.tar.bz2 so I am sure it's fine.

The below patch should fix one of the crash reported.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ext4/7321

-aneesh