2008-06-16 19:49:59

by Gary Hawco

Subject: (unknown)

Aneesh,

Thanks for the link. The Gentoo & Slackware kernels booted fine once this
patch was applied. (I had to patch the clean kernel source with this patch,
then apply the ext4-patch-queue, telling it not to override your patch).

Can we get the ext4-patch-queue updated with this patch?

Thanks for your quick assistance,

Gary Hawco

2008-06-16 20:55:03

by Mingming Cao

Subject: Re:

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 12:49 +0000, Gary Hawco wrote:
> Aneesh,
>
> Thanks for the link. The Gentoo & Slackware kernels booted fine once this
> patch was applied. (I had to patch the clean kernel source with this patch,
> then apply the ext4-patch-queue, telling it not to override your patch).
>
> Can we get the ext4-patch-queue updated with this patch?

Hi Gary,

I am not quite clear which kernel oops you saw, and what patch Aneesh
sent to you. I just updated the patch queue with Shen's updated
ext4-make-ext4_ext_find_extent-fills-ext_path-completely.patch , which
fixed a kernel oops issue introduced by the original patch. I assume
that's the one you are referring to... Otherwise, please let me know .

Mingming