2007-07-16 08:58:17

by Andreas Dilger

Subject: Coverity testing freely available

Hi,
I've recently found scan.coverity.com, which allows OSS-licensed projects
to be run under Coverity to find defects available in the code. I think
that e2fsprogs should be included there, even if some people run e2fsprogs
under Coverity separately. This allows the e2fsprogs developers to find
and fix the bugs more easily.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
Principal Software Engineer

2007-11-30 22:53:27

by Eric Sandeen

Subject: Re: Coverity testing freely available

Andreas Dilger wrote:
> Hi,
> I've recently found scan.coverity.com, which allows OSS-licensed projects
> to be run under Coverity to find defects available in the code. I think
> that e2fsprogs should be included there, even if some people run e2fsprogs
> under Coverity separately. This allows the e2fsprogs developers to find
> and fix the bugs more easily.

I don't see e2fsprogs on the website yet. Anyone care if I go ahead &
ask that e2fsprogs be included?

-Eric

> Cheers, Andreas
> --
> Andreas Dilger
> Principal Software Engineer
> Cluster File Systems, Inc.
>
> -

by Ted Ts'o

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 04:53:20PM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Andreas Dilger wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've recently found scan.coverity.com, which allows OSS-licensed projects
> > to be run under Coverity to find defects available in the code. I think
> > that e2fsprogs should be included there, even if some people run e2fsprogs
> > under Coverity separately. This allows the e2fsprogs developers to find
> > and fix the bugs more easily.
> >

> I don't see e2fsprogs on the website yet. Anyone care if I go ahead &
> ask that e2fsprogs be included?

I tried sending e-mail to Coverity on July 16th, and never got a
reply. Feel free to give it a try....

- Ted