2008-07-28 23:29:23

by tirumalareddy marri

Subject: Re: 64k Page size + ext3 errors

Hi Eric,
??? This is PowerPC architecture from AMCC(I work for AMCC). I am using 2.6.25 Kernel. According your suggestion I tested with out RAID I did not see any EXT-3 errors. I use "sum" command to check the data integrity of the files.
I ported ADMA driver to do HW accelerated XOR calculations . Also please note that RAID-5 works with 4K Page size.
Thanks,
Marri

----- Original Message ----
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: tirumalareddy marri <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:52:05 PM

> I am using HW accelerated XOR engine for RAID-5 . I am seeing EXT3-fs
> errors when I use 64K page size. When I use 4K page size I don't see any
> issue. As many of you know, we?will get better performance when we store
> bigger files like videos.

Do you think it is specific to the filesystem on raid-5?? Have you tested
w/o md?? I'd be a little surprised if the problem is at the raid layer (so
cc'ing the ext3/4 list), but maybe you tested that already.

Which arch is it, and which kernel?? How big is the filesystem?? With full
geometry information it might be easier for someone to reproduce & debug.

Thanks,
-Eric