2008-08-03 01:47:55

by Theodore Ts'o

Subject: [GIT PULL] ext4 bugfixes/cleanups

Hi Linus,

Please pull from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git for_linus

This patch series contains a number of bug fixes that have been
discovered by primarily by benchmarkers and people who have been trying
out ext4. A few cleanups have been included as well.

Thanks!!

- Ted

Aneesh Kumar K.V (5):
ext4: Fix data corruption when writing to prealloc area
ext4: Improve error handling in mballoc
ext4: Convert the usage of NR_CPUS to nr_cpu_ids.
ext4: Don't allow lg prealloc list to be grow large.
ext4: Cleanup the block reservation code path

Eric Sandeen (4):
ext4: sync up block and inode bitmap reading functions
ext4: lock block groups when initializing
ext4: fix ext4_da_write_begin error path
ext4: remove write-only variables from ext4_ordered_write_end

Hidehiro Kawai (2):
ext4: don't read inode block if the buffer has a write error
jbd2: don't abort if flushing file data failed

Li Zefan (1):
ext4: improve ext4_fill_flex_info() a bit

Theodore Ts'o (6):
ext4: Allow read/only mounts with corrupted block group checksums
ext4: Fix ext4_ext_journal_restart()
ext4: Fix lack of credits BUG() when deleting a badly fragmented inode
ext4: don't assume extents can't cross block groups when truncating
ext4: Cleanup whitespace and other miscellaneous style issues
ext4: unexport jbd2_journal_update_superblock

2008-08-03 17:53:06

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] ext4 bugfixes/cleanups

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> Please pull from:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git for_linus

Could you please include the expected diffstat too?

I can match up the shortlog to the expected thing, and see that I got what
you intended for me, but the thing I actually _care_ much more deeply
about is that it only touched ext4 (and jbd2) in this case. So I like
matching up the diffstat, with the shortlog being just secondary.

Linus

2008-08-03 18:45:37

by Theodore Ts'o

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 10:52:42AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> >
> > Please pull from:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tytso/ext4.git for_linus
>
> Could you please include the expected diffstat too?

Oops, sorry. Here you go.

fs/ext4/acl.c | 188 ++++++++++++++++----------------
fs/ext4/balloc.c | 11 +-
fs/ext4/ext4.h | 1 -