2007-06-04 08:18:23

by Kirk True

Subject: Failures in e2fsprogs-1.39-tyt3 'make check'

Hi all,

I'm getting some errors in the 'make check' step when building
e2fsprogs-1.39-tyt3. Many of the errors look to be as a result of
missing image files, for example:

f_orphan_dotdot_ft: filetype of .. in orphaned directories:
../../tests/run_e2fsck: line 43:
../../tests/f_orphan_dotdot_ft/image.gz: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `./test.img': No such file or directory

Sorry if this is a documented, known issue. I'm just being paranoid and
don't want to do a 'make install' if it will hose up the box.

Thanks,
Kirk

2007-06-04 12:51:32

by Theodore Ts'o

Subject: Re: Failures in e2fsprogs-1.39-tyt3 'make check'

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 01:18:23AM -0700, Kirk True wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting some errors in the 'make check' step when building
> e2fsprogs-1.39-tyt3. Many of the errors look to be as a result of
> missing image files, for example:
>
> f_orphan_dotdot_ft: filetype of .. in orphaned directories:
> ../../tests/run_e2fsck: line 43:
> ../../tests/f_orphan_dotdot_ft/image.gz: No such file or directory
> rm: cannot remove `./test.img': No such file or directory
>
> Sorry if this is a documented, known issue. I'm just being paranoid and
> don't want to do a 'make install' if it will hose up the box.

Yes, it's known. Note that e2fsprogs 1.39-tyt3 is really only meant
for ext4 developers. If you're not trying to use ext4 (and it's
really not meant for production use yet), you should be using
e2fsprogs.1.39 or e2fsprogs WIP-20070407.

Regards,

- Ted

2007-06-04 15:38:52

by Kirk True

Hi Theodore,

> > Sorry if this is a documented, known issue. I'm just being paranoid
> and
> > don't want to do a 'make install' if it will hose up the box.
>
> Yes, it's known. Note that e2fsprogs 1.39-tyt3 is really only meant
> for ext4 developers. If you're not trying to use ext4 (and it's
> really not meant for production use yet), you should be using
> e2fsprogs.1.39 or e2fsprogs WIP-20070407.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes - I'm trying to get into ext4 development, so I'll assume these
aren't fatal and proceed.

Thanks!
Kirk