2008-05-29 14:47:48

by Valerie Clement

Subject: e2fsck: unknown feature flag in journal superblock

Hi Ted,

I don't know if you are aware of this, when running e2fsck on an ext4 filesystem
which was mounted with "journal_async_commit" option, the following error is
reported:

e2fsck 1.41-WIP (27-Apr-2008)
Ext3 journal superblock has an unknown incompatible feature flag set.
Abort<y>?

Seen with e2fsck from the latest next branch (1.41-WIP)

Val?rie

2008-05-29 20:03:40

by Theodore Ts'o

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 04:47:30PM +0200, Valerie Clement wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>
> I don't know if you are aware of this, when running e2fsck on an ext4
> filesystem which was mounted with "journal_async_commit" option, the
> following error is reported:
>
> e2fsck 1.41-WIP (27-Apr-2008)
> Ext3 journal superblock has an unknown incompatible feature flag set.
> Abort<y>?
>
> Seen with e2fsck from the latest next branch (1.41-WIP)

Support for the async journal flag is in the pu branch. See recent
discussions on the linux-ext4 list. There is some disagreement about
what is the right way to handle checksum failures, and what is
currently in the kernel is definitely buggy.

- Ted