2012-11-16 12:29:09

by KaiGai Kohei

Subject: [refpolicy] Does git repository work fine?

Hi folks,

I tried to checkout the latest refpolicy tree, but failed.

[kaigai at iwashi repo]$ git clone http://oss.tresys.com/git/refpolicy.git
Cloning into 'refpolicy'...
[kaigai at iwashi repo]$ echo $?
128
[kaigai at iwashi repo]$ cd refpolicy
-bash: cd: refpolicy: No such file or directory

Is the git repository working?
--
KaiGai Kohei <[email protected]>

2012-11-16 16:43:56

by Lawrence, Stephen

On 11/16/2012 07:29 AM, Kohei KaiGai wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I tried to checkout the latest refpolicy tree, but failed.
>
> [kaigai at iwashi repo]$ git clone http://oss.tresys.com/git/refpolicy.git
> Cloning into 'refpolicy'...
> [kaigai at iwashi repo]$ echo $?
> 128
> [kaigai at iwashi repo]$ cd refpolicy
> -bash: cd: refpolicy: No such file or directory
>
> Is the git repository working?

Are you using git-1.7.11.7? Looks like there might be a problem with
that version of git when doing certain http fetches. Downgrading to
1.7.10.1 fixed the problem for me.

- Steve

2012-11-16 17:01:42

by KaiGai Kohei

2012/11/16 Steve Lawrence <[email protected]>:
> On 11/16/2012 07:29 AM, Kohei KaiGai wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I tried to checkout the latest refpolicy tree, but failed.
>>
>> [kaigai at iwashi repo]$ git clone http://oss.tresys.com/git/refpolicy.git
>> Cloning into 'refpolicy'...
>> [kaigai at iwashi repo]$ echo $?
>> 128
>> [kaigai at iwashi repo]$ cd refpolicy
>> -bash: cd: refpolicy: No such file or directory
>>
>> Is the git repository working?
>

> Are you using git-1.7.11.7? Looks like there might be a problem with that
> version of git when doing certain http fetches. Downgrading to 1.7.10.1
> fixed the problem for me.

Wow! It was the version I used.
I downgraded the git package, then I could clone the repository.

KaiGai Kohei <[email protected]>