2013-02-11 16:31:03

by Heiher

Subject: About iwl4965 AP mode support

Hello,

I modifed iwl4965 kernel driver by this patch iwl4965-ap-mode.diff.
the wifi station can connect to this access point after hostapd
service started and ping client address from access point is ok. but
the problem is the wifi connection not stable, the connection will
automatically disconnect.

Please help me.. Thanks!

--
Best regards!
Heiher

Attachments:
iwl4965-ap-mode.diff (3.38 kB)

2013-02-11 16:42:26

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Re: About iwl4965 AP mode support

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 00:31 +0800, Heiher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I modifed iwl4965 kernel driver by this patch iwl4965-ap-mode.diff.
> the wifi station can connect to this access point after hostapd
> service started and ping client address from access point is ok. but
> the problem is the wifi connection not stable, the connection will
> automatically disconnect.
>
> Please help me.. Thanks!

Can't. The device doesn't support TX-after-DTIM-beacon for proper
multicast powersave support. The driver also doesn't manage sleeping
stations properly, I think, but it's pretty pointless to attempt it due
to the first issue.

johannes